Dental Insurance?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
RoseRedRoseRed Forumite
118 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
My OH and I have not taken very good care of our teeth in recent years. This has resulted in me having a root canal and a tooth extraction and my OH having a root canal, he already has some teeth removed. We are fully aware that we only have one set and need to take good care!

I am determined that we are not going to scrimp on our teeth. If we had been seeing the dentist regularly we would not have had to spend a fortune on treatment. Plus the pain and disfigurement.

I've been looking around and found a private dentist nearby. They offer a plan where you pay £14 a month each. This covers 2 check ups and 2 hygienist visits per year, all X-rays, treatment plans and emergency appointments. It also includes 10% of any additional treatment needed. Is this a good deal? It seems cheaper than Denplan for the basic package. We could pay a bit more and get a more comprehensive plan from Denplan. Considering that we have not taken good care in recent years would it be worthwhile having more comprehensive cover?

I ground my teeth very badly when I was younger and had to have my bite corrected. As my teeth are quite short am I more likely to have trouble in future and should I get more comprehensive cover for me?

Any advice/pointers much appreciated.
Debt at Highest: £27,000 :eek:
Debt at LBM: £13,927 :o
Debt now: £1656.61 :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides