Madonna - Celebration (2CD Greatest Hits) £3 HMV

Hi all

Hope im doing this right. Just searched and this doesnt seem to have been posted by others.

Madonna's definitive double cd album "Celebration" is being sold at all HMV's Instore for only £3. This is well worth it, especially as the single disc edition is a fiver, and not half as good!

9362497296.JPG

Tracklist:
Disc: 1 1. Hung Up 2. Music 3. Vogue 4. 4 Minutes - Madonna & Justin Timberlake/Timbaland 5. Holiday 6. Everybody 7. Like A Virgin 8. Into The Groove 9. Like A Prayer 10. Ray Of Light 11. Sorry 12. Express Yourself 13. Open Your Heart 14. Borderline 15. Secret 16. Erotica 17. Justify My Love 18. Revolver - Madonna & Lil' Wayne Disc: 2 1. Dress You Up 2. Material Girl 3. La Isla Bonita 4. Papa Don't Preach 5. Lucky Star 6. Burning Up 7. Crazy For You 8. Who's That Girl 9. Frozen 10. Miles Away 11. Take A Bow 12. Live To Tell 13. Beautiful Stranger 14. Hollywood 15. Die Another Day 16. Don't Tell Me 17. Cherish 18. Celebration

:T

Comments

• gavinh_2
    gavinh_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    i should point out having had a look around today, there are LOADS of £3 cd at hmv instore, theyre having a big clearance and alot of the cds are fairly recent releases!

i also got

pet shop boys - pandemonium (dvd & cd) for £3
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    I shall have a look in the local HMV tomorrow to see if they have any clearance bargains which look interesting.

Probably having a large clear-out so that they can reduce the size of the CD section yet again, I reckon in a year or so HMV will only sell a similar selection of music as supermarkets :(
  • Beatlefan
    Beatlefan Posts: 892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    I shall have a look in the local HMV tomorrow to see if they have any clearance bargains which look interesting.

Probably having a large clear-out so that they can reduce the size of the CD section yet again, I reckon in a year or so HMV will only sell a similar selection of music as supermarkets :(

Sad but true. Music only makes up half of HMV these days as it is. Rest is all games and DVDs. :(
    Big thanks to Martin Lewis for helping us start to sort out our finances!!!:A

Best Comp win:X-Box 360!!

And thank you to all posters! You're wonderful!
  • Kite2010
    I would say music comes 3rd maybe 4th in HMV, after Games, DVDs and maybe even hardware.
  • gavinh_2
    yeah, sad but true.

i went in my local hmv again today, they are starting to sell out of certain cds so its a quick clearance event so be fast guys! i went to get madonnas "sticky & sweet" dvd/cd as thats in the sale too, but all copies had gone and future stock that comes in will immediately be full priced, the staff told me :(
  • musicboy
    musicboy Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Some amazing bargains to be had, unfortunately most were announced while I was on holiday ...

Can't understand why CD sales are reducing, customers come in all the time and say 'I bet downloads are affecting you aren't they ?' ... yes they are, the illegal ones, a lot of chart CDs are around £7.99-£9.99, with a compilation or two at £11.99 - still a far better proposition than downloading via iTunes or the new (cheaper, and iTunes compatible) HMVdigital.com ....

We are adjusting our product mix like other retailers have to / should have done in the current retail climate - how many people said 'aww I love Woolies, they can't go under!' - if you don't shop in there you don't get the choice,

Happy bargain hunting !
  • gavinh_2
    sales like this get people back in through the doors, and remember what they were missing!

i want a job in hmv... i imagine the xmas work will be advertised before long?
  • musicboy
    Agreed, just a shame that every time the deals get better, people expect a heck of a lot for next to nowt ... !

Hopefully on the jobs front, although I would have thought we need completely flexible workers on low contracts with extra hours possible .... it's the way things are going in retail, especially seasonal
  • Kite2010
    gavinh wrote: »
    sales like this get people back in through the doors, and remember what they were missing!

i want a job in hmv... i imagine the xmas work will be advertised before long?

Last year HMV deployed temp stores to towns where they didn't have a presence, so might be worth keeping an eye on for any temp contracts for those temp stores, if they will repeat the experiment this year.
  • musicboy
    yes there are several sites we are looking at again, only a small %age of them come about though (landlords being unrealistic with rents no doubt when half the centres are empty ....)

Just keep checking hmvcareers.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport