I am trying to help me brother out of a 30 grand debt!

Options
He owns to 5 credit cards and has one loan.

no idea what else to put at moment so here goes....

i have already asked for the interest and charges to be dropped, most have done this, bar the loan (goldfish)

i have also asked for a reduced repayment plan on all but the loan and one of the credit cards.

i have been told to look at this site and get advise on how i can get back charges already incured.

forgive me but i do not know where to look so any help in gratefully received.

thank you in advance for any help.

Jason&Simon

Comments

• *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Jason

Welcome to MSE and well done for helping your brother, sounds like you have done well so far

The link to the web site to claim bank charges is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/

zippy x
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jason welcome to MSE :hello: Take a look at the sticky at the top of the page from SS its really helpful we can then see if your bro can reduce his outgoings so e can throw more at his debts.http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=107280
  • JasonSimon
    Options
    I have also reduced the repayments, he does have a lot more money spare but this needs to be put on the goldfish loan when they sort themselves out.

back in july this year he came clean that he owes a lot of money so i said that i can help if he wants it and all he has to do it say nothing only hand over all paper work and i will do the rest. (saving on more embarressemtent) no one knew a thing.

anyways goldfish did not help be saying they did not get the paperwork to complete the refinance, then they said they had lost the paperwork then saying they ..... found it again?!?! well now we have the papers again and have signed and sent RECORDED post. (at my expence! <now say you have not got it!!!!> ) lol

i have found the search part and searched for 'bank charges' and have pdf printed many files to read over the next few hours or so.

i am going to have so much fun saying that we may go legal if you do not do as we ask:-) well i did threaten that if they did not help that i would have no choice but to advise my brother to declare himself bankrupt! well that worked!! :-) no charges, no late fees, no interest for 6 months. :D

i now have to read about sending a letter asking for all charges made to my brothers account for the last few years, do not think he has had them for 6 yrs but never know!

<<do i smell burning!!! oh %^&$ my lunch, anyone got a new large saucepan!!!, oh well out with the vinegar again!>>

we do not have any statements as he through them out and we only have the last two months for each bank. hense.. letter asking for charges incured to date.

just signed up to other forum to get letter.

must go just got email to say i am signed up.

thank you so far for your support.

Jason&Simon
  • JasonSimon
    Options
    oh just got in other forum,

just thought i read here about 'now it is up to you to fight' but ... there are risks. re sending out letters.

what are these risks? can they but snotty and ask for full amount to settle account?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure