A little lurker update...

Options
Just another one of my thank you e-mails for all the help you provide to those of us who don't post very often...

Since joining in order to get my nearly £3k debt under control and curb my ridiculous spending I have taken on board all your tips (I would not dream of buying anything that hadn't been price checked against multiple sites and then put through quidco!) and it has made an enormous difference.

I originally had a debt free date of December 2007 (ugh!) so I started doing the DFW thing and managed to get it down to June 2007 (hurrah!).

This month one of my credit card companies decided to up my limit for being a good payer (shame on them - boo hiss) so I took the bull by the horns pulled my DFW socks up and rang customer services to ask if I could get a better rate of interest as I am such a good payer and if so could I BT from another card. Yes and yes as it turns out. My interest rate was immediately reduced from 24.9 (the dirty rats had upped it from 18.9 in April and I had no idea - no letter, nothing) to 9.9 and they BT'd the majority of my truly terrifying 29.9% card onto it. Just because I asked the question - amazing.

So pay day is in a week's time and I will be clearing the 29.9 card from hell and telling them where to stick it (unless they want to offer me a BT from the other card on much lower rates - hmmmmm......) and my debt free date is now:

April 2007!!!!!!!

It can be done - but not without this board. I tell everyone I meet to sign up for the tips e-mail and get themselves onto this board asap.

Thank you all so much.

Melou

Comments

• LewisC_2
    Options
    Melou,

It's great to hear that the forum has been such a success for you. I'm not sure what first brought me here, but after lurking for a long while, I got my lightbulb moment and decided to sort my finances out too! Congrats to you :beer: :T
    No longer visiting these forums.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Well Done Melou - April is really not that far away, and you will feel amazing when you make that final payment. Good luck xx
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Snaggles wrote:
    Well Done Melou - April is really not that far away, and you will feel amazing when you make that final payment. Good luck xx

Summer will be on it's way again by then too - so think of all the lovely things you will be able to do with your spare money that used to be used for debt repayments!
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family