I got a haircut for free!

Options
Just thought I'd share this with the other DFW's-
Normally get my hair done at the models nights in a local salon- which works out at about £15 a time (half price). Had a thought the other day that maybe I'd check out what some of the other hairdressers did in the way of trainee nights- went into one that seemed to have reasonable full price cuts advertised, booked a cut and blow dry on their training night. Then said "so how much will that cost then?"- "oh cuts are free on models night" she replied.

I'm well chuffed- just goes to show its worth shopping around I guess
"People who "do things" exceed my endurance,
God for a man who solicits insurance..." - Dorothy Parker

Comments

• mr218
    mr218 Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    good for you
  • Numpty_2
    Options
    Is this a chain salon or local one?

My OH gets his cut for free - I do it! ROTFL
  • Tiff_2
    Tiff_2 Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning! :0)
    Telephone your local college as they usually have a hair & beauty dept. so trainee students can learn. They are fully supervised by staff and do everything themselves. You can usually say you'd like to book an appointment with a 1st, 2nd or 3rd year student depending on how brave you are ;). I know someone who had a restyle, cut, wash, blowdry and colour for £18! Did a great job.
    I guess the only down side is that you're better to go on a day when you have some time to spare as you can be there quite a while because they're learning.
    Failing that, get the trusty old pudding basin out!:rotfl:
    "If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." ~ by Peace Pilgrim.
    'You just got Tiffed!' ;)
  • delboypass
    Options
    so what does your hair look like now - im thinking Lily Munster??

I agree - Hair cuts are well over priced though !!
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I go to our local college as well - £2 for a cut and blow, nad because i have my head 'shaved' and razor cut - I am in great demand as they all want to practice their barbering techniques on me! Oh and it gets better - they have a loyalty scheme - every time you go, you get your card stamped, and 7 stamps = a free cut. I will never pay full price for a cut again! The next thing is to get DDs to go - they have to 10 tho' (salon rules) - and hubbys is free - I get the old clippers out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure