Good savings made

Options
Came in from work this morning and decided it was time to save some money.
So far I.ve switched

Car insurance saving £12.00 per month
Reduced tax credit overpayment from £83.00 to £40.00 per month
Reduced broadband and phone from £49.00 to £35.00 per month
Switched gas and electricity from NPower to Atlantic, should save around £300.00 per year plus free bottle of champers, just right for celebrating niece's 21st in December.

I'm knackered from working all night, my house is a tip but who cares I'm saving money, now could we please cancel Christmas and all further birthdays so I can save some more :j
Paid off so far Natwest overdraft £1900 Kays catalogue £200 Personal Loan £2500 Tax Credit £1300 J D Williams
Still to go Barclaycard £880 Sainsburys CC £38.80 Littlewoods CC £208 Vanquis CC £390 Littlewoods Cat £821.38 Next £75.26

Comments

• EagerLearner
    Options
    Well done so far! And you will see that you can cancel Christmas and Birthdays by either explaining to friends and family that you can't afford it, or, making your own gifts:

- Make your own birthday cards
    - Buy gifts as you see them from charity shops or boot fairs
    - Buy gifts from E-Bay
    - Offer vouchers for time or services - like babysitting, cleaning, dog walking
    - Make things!

Hope this helps!
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did that with my OH's accounts last week.

He had been paying house insurance for a house he hadn't lived at for 5 years :eek: he had been paying £11 bank charges on his bank account per month for a (optional service - cheaper insurances YEAH RIGHT!!!!!) and £27 per month pet insurance for two dogs.

We quashed the house insurance & bank charges - changed pet insurance (now £12 per month)and went through all his other Direct Debits checking he was getting the best deals. Feels good doesn't it! :T
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport