Debt Free Wannabe Meetings Brighton/Hove/Eastbourne?

Options
I just wondered if anyone is interested in setting up local money saving meetings in Brighton/Hove/Eastbourne areas? Would be good for mutual support and motivation in terms of saving money and reducing debt.

I have the time one night per week after work (Tuesday maybe 6-8pm?) and my place could sometimes be used for meetings, although if it was of interest perhaps meeting places could be moved about as appropriate so it works for everyone. Myabe once a month?

If you are interested PM me your contact details and we can start planning - could be helpful for anyone wanting to save for Christmas / pay off cards / cut down bills / understand how the internet can save more and generally get through these winter months to come out fighting fit in Spring...

I'm sure we could save some money and help eachother! :T

:beer:
MFW #185
Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
YNAB lover :D

Comments

• **purpleprincess**
    Options
    I live down the road in Eastbourne!! :D
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    I live down the road in Eastbourne!! :D

Thanks for the quick response! Sometimes I visit my brother in Eastbourne (say once a month) and I stay over Fri to Sat, coming back to Brighton around 1pm. Could meet 1pm somewhere in Eastbourne next time I come?

Alternatively, meetings somewhere in Brighton and Hove maybe every 2 weeks or once a month? Weekly if enough people...
    MFW #185
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response! Sometimes I visit my brother in Eastbourne (say once a month) and I stay over Fri to Sat, coming back to Brighton around 1pm. Could meet 1pm somewhere in Eastbourne next time I come?

Alternatively, meetings somewhere in Brighton and Hove maybe every 2 weeks or once a month? Weekly if enough people...
    Oh cool!!! :cool: We should meet up next time you're around!!! :D I might be able to make meetings in Brighton but maybe not once a month £7.20 train fare for me!! :p
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • tsharp
    tsharp Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    Great fun that would be! A load of depressed people not buying drinks or food or swapping mobile numbers for fear of sending texts or making calls etc! lol
    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Depressed? No! It's more likely to be a whole bunch of people swapping OS cakes and stuff around under the table like little packets of white powder, while trying to claim they're a fat-free wannabee..."but the weight just simply won't move!"
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    More likely, people asking and offering advice and swapping hints and tips on how they've saved money lately, or offering just to listen to someone's troubles.

Whoever hosts it can provide tea/biccies - not much more expense than that.
    MFW #185
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Oh cool!!! :cool: We should meet up next time you're around!!! :D I might be able to make meetings in Brighton but maybe not once a month £7.20 train fare for me!! :p

Maybe a Saturday sometime then - I must change the title to say Eastbourne too...
    MFW #185
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business