Claiming Bank Charges with Bad Credit Rating

Options
Hello All,

It has been quite sometime since I last posted. This is primarily because I lost my job and struggled for a bit. But I am now back on form.

Help & Advice needed: I received a letter from Westcot annoucing that my Debt with I.F had been passed to them. Basically I owe £3,334, whereas my original Credit Limit was £2k, so I have been charged over £1k worth of letter & over limit charges and interest.

In total I owe about £10k to all creditors and unfortunatley they have all been sold on to other companies (Legal & Trade, Westcot, Equidebt) because I had buried my head in the sand for a few months now.

Can I still attempt to claim back all the charges that I have been charged over the years or should I just forget it?

Also can someone forward me the write letter to send to request all my statements!

Thank you

Comments

• robinson79
    Options
    you can find all the letters you need on https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk
    it's dead easy, you just add your account number and name! :D
    even i managed that...:rolleyes:
    don't forget to read martin's invaluable guide to claiming back charges.
    X X
    Saving for a deposit: £11,000 / £50,000 (22%) :)
  • Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    Options
    Why should a bad credit rating make any difference? Remember that you should claim against the original lender and not the DCA.
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • moneywaster_2
    Options
    i have checked experian and they said i had a poor one beacuse of late payments!! how do i fix this? how long does it last?
  • terriblesaver
    Options
    My bad credit history arose mainly due to charges!! I am claiming them all back - slowly but surely - go for it - you have nothing more to lose!!
    Terriblesaver - hoping to improve!!! Unsecured debt ... £[STRIKE]57938[/STRIKE] £51453
    Official DFW Nerd no 176
    Reclaimed and won Capital One £224, Paragon £758, GE Capital £63 and £135
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family