We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

is anyone else concerned about this new links software on the compers board?

Hi all

I know this is slightly in the wrong place but is anyone else a bit concerned about this new software? I just wondered as it will presumably identify our origin as compers even more transparently as currently I opt out of Google Analytics. When we enter it will show us as 'compers'.

I did look on the proper thread for this but found it all a bit baffling and I wanted to ask the opinion of other compers as that's the main thing I do here.
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR

Comments

  • thetoothfairy
    thetoothfairy Posts: 1,539
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    could you put the link t the thread i so I can have a read please, as I've missed this
  • softpad
    softpad Posts: 1,239
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you have a look at the main board it says about new software being trialled which may change links, take a look it is at the top :)
    MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    If you look in the discussion thread (old & current) there has been quite a few posts re the software.
  • how do you opt out of google analytics?
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T
  • MummyYummy
    MummyYummy Posts: 307 Forumite
    I was concerned last week when a few of the links I had copied (in I.E) were coming up in FF as forums.moneysaving... etc and then going to the link of the competition page. Is this what they are trialling? Confused!!
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    how do you opt out of google analytics?
    You don't
    :D
    That's how Goggle is so all encompassing.
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 16 August 2010 at 3:13PM
    MummyYummy wrote: »
    I was concerned last week when a few of the links I had copied (in I.E) were coming up in FF as forums.moneysaving... etc and then going to the link of the competition page. Is this what they are trialling? Confused!!
    Thats it exactly Mummy Yummy.Firefox with addblock add-on may the way to go.It is in use on the majority of MSE & not just the comps area.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.