We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Two People Comping from Same Household?

Hello,

I have been comping for a year now, but my partner has just started from the same computer for the same address. But different contact emails and numbers and we enter at different times etc.
However he has noticed that some of them have said he has already entered when he hasn't yet. Because we are entering from the same address and IP address are we disqualifying ourselves from them?
I know some like shortlist say one per household so we don't enter them twice but for normal comps?
Hoping the comping fairy is nice this month and the postman comes.
:A:jThanks to all posters :j:A

Comments

  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'd just check the rules on each comp.When I am able to & feel like it I tend to enter for each of us.
    The main promotor that seems to check the IP address seems to be Virgin On Demand.
  • djl
    djl Posts: 11,961
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My Partner and I do comps from 2 different laptops the only problem I have had is Now Magazine comps they can not be done on the same laptop

    Best of luck with your comps
    2015 wins £4.00 not mse:(
    2014 £44.00:mad:2013 £83.00 2012 £601.50
    2011 £1554.50 2010 £698.00 2009 £2793.00
    2008 £2816.00 2007 £1034.00
  • Lockie21
    Lockie21 Posts: 663
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    My nephew has been coming round to my house to use my laptop because he's in temp accommodation and has no internet.. He's won several times on KP and although it says 3 wins per person they are not honoring his wins. They say he's part of a syndicate - he didn't even know what that meant! But KP are owned by United Biscuits which are the same company as McVities and we all know what a fiasco that was for several of us. So my advice would be to read the rules but if its something you really want dont both enter in case you are disqualified.
  • kimmy393
    kimmy393 Posts: 5,472 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2010 at 11:42PM
    Hmmm TBH I would not do it. I also enter for my bf from same comp but he has different address, mob etc, and we win a bit. But I would think you would be disqualifying yourselves alot doing it ur way x
    2015 Big wins: luxury 7 night holiday in sharm el sheikh, theatre tix, £123, IPad Air 16gb, Night in London hotel celebjuicetix :, Portable dvd playerT

    Best 2014: £900 VIP cheltenham races day, £200 H&M voucher, £300 camera, 2 nights luxury apt Harrogate, 5 nights glamping cumbria
    Total:2010: £10,531, 2011:£11,075
  • zoenmya
    zoenmya Posts: 696
    500 Posts
    Forumite
    I tend to check the rules and see if it says 1 entry per household or per person then let my oh know if it is per person then we go for it as i am assuming they realise two people from the same house will enter by stating per person iykwim
    xx
    2015: Laptop and Online tutoring for my daughter
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    That's just how I play it zoenmya
    Although on the gender specific comps I do not tend to double enter.I probably could but that's just me :-)
    We have actually won the same prize a few times as well.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.