PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Save money - visit parents!!

Options
I'm visiting parents in Scotland for a few days and my mum said "you need to take some of these toiletries with you". Now, maybe a year ago, I'd have thought, I've got enough but now being a "wee" money saver. I'll be leaving on Wednesday with enough to get me into the new year!!

And my proudest em "borrowed item" - I've stolen her hand blender :D Mum admits she never uses it and as you guys have all got me into cooking, it shall come in very handy - free blender :j

I'm about to buy first house with OH and plan to start as I mean to go on. This site and everyone who posts are truly inspirational. :beer:
Love MSE, Las Vegas and chocolate!

Comments

• Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    Mum's are great ones for hoarding things - "it was BOGOF, so I bought 12"

Must be a nesting instinct. :D
  • angchris
    angchris Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    i have to admit every time i go to my parents house i tend to come away with an "oxfam parcel" of stuff that mum has either bought and forgotten about and given it to me or bought loads of an item on bogof and given me some of the free ones:D some weeks when i have been down to my last pennies this has been a lifesaver! where would we be without parents, god bless em all :j
    proper prior planning prevents p!$$ poor performance! :p
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money
    quote from an american indian.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport