Southern Scotland

plumpmouse
plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
Planing a holiday this summer to Gatehouse of Fleet.

Anyone any suggestions of where to go with a 18 month old

Cheers
Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.

Comments

• vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'll shuffle you over to the scotland board for a little while and then perhaps shuffle you back rather than have you lost on here amongst the package deals and airport parking, hope thats ok :);)
    Blah
  • nmealey
    nmealey Posts: 76 Forumite
    There are some lovely beaches in the southwest and solway firth. THere is a Wild Goat park on the Newton Stewart - New Galloway Road, and about a mile further, there is a Deer park.

Take insect repellant with you BTW.

Pop down to Port Patrick (i think) its where the seried 2000 acres of sky was filmed. Lots to do, with the forrestry comission in that area too, check out the tourist info.

Hope this helps

Neil
    If you can't say something nice - SHUT UP :p
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    http://www.dumfriesandgalloway.co.uk/ might help, info on everything from surfing to castles.
  • aycor
    aycor Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    visit the farm and ice cream factory for some of the best ice cream in scotland.

http://www.creamogalloway.co.uk/aboutUs/where.htm
  • fernlea
    fernlea Posts: 45 Forumite
    Portpatrick is a lovely little village. If you come to Stranraer, visit the Ryan leisure centre, it has flumes, baby pool, health suite etc. It also has Ryan's Den which is a soft play area for under 7s. Its not huge but my kids loved it when they were small. 2000 acres of Sky was filmed at Port Logan, there is the Port Logan fish pond which is also popular with youngsters. Another popular thing is to take a day trip on the Stena HSS to Belfast. Its a good day out and the ferry leaves at 10.00am and you can return either on the 17.10 or 22.00. You can go as footpassengers and its quite inexpensive. Hope this helps.

Hope you have a good time when you come to visit our area.

Fernlea in Stranraer. :D
    Regards

Fernlea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills