Someone please kick me up the backside so that I stop spending and clear my debt's!!!

Options
Well this is my new diary, I thought I had my light bulb moment last year but I think the bulb has totally smashed now.

I am 28 and in a lot of debt with nothing to show for it, no car, no masses of clothes etc. But I do have a lot of fab memories of the last 10 years and holidays etc but as it was all on credit it kind of ruins the memories. So many people I know who are my age own their own homes, have children etc. My debt stops me and my BF doing any of these things and this makes me feel so down and then I spend….. vicious circle. The biggest reason I need to clear the debts though is that I still live at home with my parents, my BF and I need to move out though as my Sister has a little boy aged 4 and they also live with us and he needs his own room. We have saved £2800 between us this year to move out but ive been putting it off as would mean could not afford to pay as much to my CC’s.

But the time has come for me to knuckle down and seriously clear at least my credit cards, followed by my loan. Today is a fresh start.

My debt is as follows:

Loan 7.9% - £7419.74
Lloyds TSB CC 14.9% - £5386.59
Natwest CC 8.9% - £1747
Barclay CC14.9% - £1750

Total = £16303.33

At my light bulb moment it was over £21k, I cleared some by selling my car and paying my parents the money I owed them. I work in London so was not using my ca that much so decided it had to go.

I applied for a Halifax 0% card to help stop the interest and have been turned down, seems I cant get a new card and I also called my existing credit card providers to ask if they could lower my rates etc, they said no.

So I have a plan. I am planning to pay the minimum payments to Lloyds and Natwest and throw all spare money at Barclays. I am going to ebay as much as possible, get back into mystery shopping and cut back on my spending and eating out.

On Monday I paid the following payments:

Loan - £263
Lloyds TSB - £147
Natwest - £50 – was £21 more than the min payment but I spent £20 on some tickets so wanted to pay it off.
Barclay - £107

Total = £567.00

Last night I listed 7 items on ebay. I think I will wait till I hit £50 in my paypal account then transfer it and pay it from the Barclay card.

If any one else is about to re-start their debt free journey then please join me as we can help each other out with tips, telling’s off and motivation.

Love Tasha

P.S I did not mean for this to be such a long post.

I’m back and more determined than ever!!!!!

Comments

• Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Tasha

I was recently going to start a new diary but can barely continue with the old one, but I am basically re-starting my debt free journey so I will join you! Good luck, you can do it x
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Tasha,
    Welcome. Will try to follow your journey!
  • tasha-debt
    tasha-debt Posts: 974 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 August 2010 at 3:01PM
    Options
    Hi Swinstie and Kavics17, thank you for joining me.

Swinstie I have just read your diary from start to finish, wow you have had a busy time of it.

I had a great weekend and not to bad on the spending front. Friday night I went to dinner at Waga Mama’s, it cost me £14.00. Saturday went to lunch with my family and it cost me £15. Then yesterday I had the best day. Instead of buying any of my closest three friends a birthday present the other three will arrange an experience for the person whose birthday it is. So yesterday we took my friend to Claridges for afternoon tea, followed by taking her to see the new west end show ‘Ghost Stories’ which was pretty scary, I jumped loads of times. We put £25 in to a pot to spend on the birthday person plus we pay for our selves so it works out to £300, but as I know its happening three times a year I save a little money each month so I think it works out cheaper than if I were to buy a present and pay for a night out……….. Next one is in November so I will put up £35 a month in September, October and November.

My friend and I where talking (she is in debt too) and we have set a challenge. I have a CC with a balance of £1750, so we are having a competition where we are racing to clear £2000 of debt the fasted, me to clear a card plus a bit more of another card, her to clear two £1k overdrafts. I think having a competition with her will spur me on. I have never cleared any kind of debt before, just always balanced transferred, got a loan etc so it would be amazing to actually clear this card.

I think I am going to set myself a weekly to-do list of MSE things that will help me to clear my debt:

· Add 5 items to ebay – Monday
    · Add 5 items to ebay – Tuesday
    · Add 5 items to ebay – Wednesday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Thursday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Friday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Saturday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Sunday
    · Search for log in details for Mystery shopping companies I am already registered with.
    · Order vouchers for friends wedding
    · Collect dress to wear to wedding from dry cleaners (Friday/Saturday)
    · Write budget for September.
    · Sit and read how to do matched betting.
    Think this will keep me busy.

Love Tasha

P.S if anyone has any good ideas to earn extra cash I would love to hear them. Next week will def look at survey sites.

• rupe34
    rupe34 Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Tasha - will follow of course!
    Onward and upward - with the odd step to the side

November GC £255/£300
  • monkeymonkey_3
    Options
    hey Tash, good luck with your new debt busting challenge. I'll try to follow your diary!
    much work to be done - new sig coming soon...

• tasha-debt
    Options
    Good Morning,

Well popped to Tesco this morning and got a box of oats so I now have breakfast for the next 10 days for £1.69.. bargin. Also bought some banannas and herbal tea to stop me nipping out for a starbucks etc, all came to £3.89. That is all I am going to spend today....

Update on to do list:

· [STRIKE]Add 5 items to ebay – Monday[/STRIKE]
    · Add 5 items to ebay – Tuesday
    · Add 5 items to ebay – Wednesday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Thursday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Friday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Saturday
    · Add 5 items to ebay - Sunday
    · Search for log in details for Mystery shopping companies I am already registered with.
    · Order vouchers for friends wedding
    · Collect dress to wear to wedding from dry cleaners (Friday/Saturday)
    · [STRIKE]Write budget for September.[/STRIKE]
    · Sit and read how to do matched betting.

I really need to have a good day at work today, was so un-motivated yesterday and dont think I really did much work, so today I will not be on MSE until lunchtime.

Have a fab day all.

• flower85_2
    Options
    i found your diary :j

once i find out how to i will subscribe!!! :D
    one debt vs 100 days challenge: £0/£600
  • **confuzzled**
    Options
    Found you:D and subscribed!

and as requested.............th_kick3.gif

Just a thought for the oats......do you have any cinnamon/raisins/dried fruit or anything in the cupboards for some variety?? Oats get very boring very quickly! :)

Good luck x
    1.11.09 - debt = £45k:eek:
    [STRIKE]Car Loan = £0[/STRIKE] CCCS Total = £30,246.88 Total Debt Paid off - 32.78%
    DFD [STRIKE]Nov[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Sept[/STRIKE]Aug 2018:o Only 75 payments to go:)
  • tasha-debt
    edited 16 August 2010 at 9:49AM
    Options
    Things did not go to plan this week. My Aunt died on Tuesday, she was 91 and had dementia. She will be happier now with her husband but its so sad as she went down hill so fast.

Rest in peace Auntie.

MSE has not done well this week so tomorrow to fix this I plan to sort and ebay for most of the day, plus have sold a few things on Ebay....

x

• tasha-debt
    Options
    I think I am going to cry. The dry cleaners have took the dress in 2-3 inches instead of just putting the darts in I asked for and that they pinned. It does not fit me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I am at work today ,my Mum is going to take the dress back and I am praying that they can let it out so that it fits me.......... if not I am going to have to look for another dress!!!!!! have no money so its gonna have to be on a CC or my next account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure