We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

'First time ever! 10m unique users in a month' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations to Martin and the team, both employed and those who help out here, on the great ongoing success of Martin's financial education evangelism.
  • monaug5
    monaug5 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    This is superb news.
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you have a chart showing the unique users each month, is it rising?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • Kronkston_2
    Kronkston_2 Posts: 4,037 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately I expect the increase in number may be due to bad economic circumstance and outlook of many people .
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thetimes has to correct it; they have written that the site has 9 million visitors, apart from that it's an expert write up

when I read I’ve always thought in that mathematical way reminded me my husband always says I think and look at things clincally :D but that's by the by

i never knew he was into latin dancing - the article is informative and cool
  • fiendishlyclever
    Options
    I can see why you are trialling the Skimlinks software now - 10million visitors brings in a lot of referral pounds ..... :)

A classic example of a crowd-sourced career. Well done Martin and team - we're all better off for reading this forum :)
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 August 2010 at 1:33PM
    Options
    fiendishlyclever, you make a good point there about scale: back in 2004-5 or so Wikipedia donations in the annual fund raising drive raised around $30,000 then around $80,000. In the recent ones it's been in excess of a million. Without corresponding increases in the amount of equipment or the technical team running the site. Huge numbers of people can deliver a lot of money, whether it's from donations, ads or fees.

Martin is hopefully doing very well out of this site and is also clearly putting a lot of money into staff and other resources for it, as well as huge amounts of his own time.
  • BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options
    monaug5 wrote: »
    This is superb news.

9,000,000 of those posts were done by around 10 posters :rotfl:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have a chart showing the unique users each month, is it rising?

The stats are on the Main Site, down the right hand side at the bottom

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Well done and thank you to Martin and the team.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport