Company called "Willowbrook" The sell reclineing chairs

Options
2»

Comments

• Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can also read the adjudication on the ASA website...

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_46765.htm
  • Paul_Varjak
    edited 26 August 2009 at 11:19AM
    Options
    Despite receiving the adjudication decision about 12 days ago, Willowbrook still continues to make these false claims on its website:

WILLOWBROOK is one of the few companies that have manufactured a large range of lift and recliner chairs specifically designed for the invalid or physically disabled user in a patient handling environment.

Our research team and designers have developed an elegant range of recliner chairs that combine therapy and practicality with comfort and beauty. Willowbrook stylish and comfortable recliner chairs are recommended by the medical profession and are proved to be indispensable to sufferers of numerous medical conditions.

The problem is that the Advertising Standards Authority has no jurisdiction of the false claims Willowbrook make on its own website!
  • Paul_Varjak
    Options
    I have just received a letter from Trading Standards about Willowbrook following my complaint to Trding STandards. Apprently, Trading Standards are investigating Willowbrook and its sales methods with a view to pursuing the matter via the civil court. This follows a number of complaints about the company.

If you have a complaint against WIllowbrook I would urge you to contact Consumer Direct on 0845 04 05 06. Consumer Direct will forward your complaint to Trading Standards.
  • rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Options
    Sat here in my mums Parker Knoll recliner typing
    away its really comfy and I am supposed to a bit
    big for it as its made for someone her size.It never
    cost anything like £4100 more like £500 in John
    Lewis,they were very good.give them a ring as
    they had other makes in these.
    :j:j:j
  • Triesmebest
    Options
    I've sent my complaint to Willowbrook (cudn't care less) they have their £3100 for an uncomfortable recliner chair a smooth talker sold to my 88 year old mum. CAB have tried a letter but no luck. Furniture Ombudsman are sposed to be working on it but don't expect much from them. Trading standards also should be persuing Willowbrook but thats gone quiet too. Back to basic maths,,if everyone tells just 7 people and those people tell seven more and on and on. Won'i take long before a million people know their customer care is rubbish and their product is excessively priced
  • Boxxy
    Options
    Willowbrook salesman has recently sold my 84 year old mum a lift to help her get in and out of the bath. She paid £1895.00 for the pleasure and I have since seen a very similar thing for about £250. Do not have a leg to stand on as she signed an agreement with them. I too have reported them to Consumer Direct who are forwarding it on to Trading Standards who hopefully might do something. Think I will let Watchdog know too, now I can see that they are doing this all the time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure