Eye Test

Options
Hi, I had an eye test last october last year with optical express and then got select specs to make up the glasses.
The first time they were wrong but Selectspecs rectified it and then sent 'correct' glasses.
They seemed ok and better but everything was a little bit hazy so i gotthem checked out at Optical express where they rolled their eyes and sighed when i told them they were made elsewhere on their prescription:mad::mad::mad:
Anyway they said the glasses were correct but the pupillary distance was like a millimetre out but that should not make too much of a difference.
I have tried with these glasses but they are just not working for me. even after a week of wearing them- it's like being in a too bright room where you squint and then everthing is just a teeny bit hazy/out of focus.
Vision express said i would have to pay for another test so i didn't bother, as my old ones work fine.
Now what i want to know is can i get another test elsewhere and start afresh without having to pay for the test.
I live in Scotland so tests are free but when i tired to book an appointment with tesco (becasue they have free tests UK wide) they said it would only be free if i was having problems.
Not sure what to do now...don't wanna pay for a test when i can't even afford to get new glasses once i have a correct prescription:(
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Matthew 5:3

Comments

• GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In Scotland you can only get a free eye test every two years unless:
    you are diabetic
    you are over 40 with a family history of glaucoma
    you are over 60
    you are under 16
    you have been referred to the optician by a GP or other medically qualified person
    you are experiencing vision related problems.

If the PD is only out by 1mm then it's not going to make a difference at all really, that would well be within tolerance. You can always try paying to have another eye test done elsewhere (most places do private sight tests at about £15 - £20) or you can book back in with the original opticians for a recheck (which I know we would make you do before we did a full private sight test).

Are the glasses single vision, bifocal or varifocal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure