"Turners" chocolate mis-shapes

Options
These are the chocolates sold at Iceland in a dark brown bag and with writing meant to remind you of Thorntons. This is only my opinion, but they are quite vile. You wouldn't give 50p for them if they were in a plastic see-through wrapper, so my money saving tip is to keep your £1 in your purse.

Comments

• Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    But surely everything sold at Iceland is vile isnt it?
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I get frozen quorn sausages for the bbq, and frozen quorn mince there. It's the same brand as the bigger supermarkets and often a lot cheaper (and not vile :p )
  • lightisfading
    lightisfading Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Home Bargains do un-named 'chocolate misshapes' , a big bagful for £1, which pretty much everyone agrees *are* Thorntons :)
  • nic_nac_
    nic_nac_ Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Beenie wrote: »
    These are the chocolates sold at Iceland in a dark brown bag and with writing meant to remind you of Thorntons. This is only my opinion, but they are quite vile. You wouldn't give 50p for them if they were in a plastic see-through wrapper, so my money saving tip is to keep your £1 in your purse.
    Sorry but totally disagree with you there. They also sell these in Farmfoods and Poundland sometimes, they are cadbury's mis-shapes. Myself and eveyone who i've told about them all love them, but each to their own I suppose.:p
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    are these the same ones you get at poundstretcher and B and M because we love them!
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The ones in my bag were not a variety of shapes either - they were all the same size and shape (a really sugary sweet milk chocolate, rectangular and with gooey caramel insides that had leaked out of most of the sweeties). I never did like Cadbury's so maybe they are the same? (Thought I was getting Thorntons). Those of you who like Turners, I've got a practically full bag left if anyone wants it!! ;)
  • gnvqsos
    gnvqsos Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Beenie wrote: »
    The ones in my bag were not a variety of shapes either - they were all the same size and shape (a really sugary sweet milk chocolate, rectangular and with gooey caramel insides that had leaked out of most of the sweeties). I never did like Cadbury's so maybe they are the same? (Thought I was getting Thorntons). Those of you who like Turners, I've got a practically full bag left if anyone wants it!! ;)

You are spot on duck-I think Cads are OK for chabbies but up ere in Sheff we all get Thornton Miss Shaps-more adult.With htornos tha gets the same shapes each weak
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure