What to get a 2 year old for christmas?

Options
I am looking for ideas for what to get a 2 year old girl for christmas? This lovely little girl will get copious amounts of toys so would like to get her something different (I am mad aunty).

I really can't spend much so any ideas anyone?
Lucylema x :j

Comments

• Giggles_Fairy
    Giggles_Fairy Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Options
    Is there something she is interested in that you could make a hamper for? Lots of people have commented on how hampers have been well recieved by children. baking, crafting, princess hamper, chocolate themed hamper, gardening.... obviously with age appropriate items in!
  • gill_hc
    gill_hc Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Have you thought about books - my DD1 got the complete Roald Dahl set when she was little. We read it chapter at a time for bedtime when she was young and now she is 6 she is reading them on her own. The book people (.co.uk) are great for sets like this - they have things like Mr Men complete sets and Dora the explorer sets with 20 odd books. There is usually vouchers on the vouchers board for them. (and quidco if you use that!)
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    I got my then 2 year old nephew a peppa pig bedset for xmas last year, he loves it and still tells me how he has peppa pig in his bedroom!

Other things that were well recieved were a sledge (relatively inexpensive £10)
    Books, books, books my nephew adores them!
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    i would suggest a box decorated in xmas wrap then just find little odd bits and bobs to fill it i have done this for lots of children and my own ive popped in mine books (some new or cs/car boot) little craft sets/ arty crafty bits/girly hair accessories/dolls/pens/crayons/colouring books/plain pads etc anything really i have picked up lots of things very cheaply from 3 for 2's to ebay through to charity shop and car boots, you could fill a box/hamper quite easily and cheaply
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Colouring book and crayons.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • shebrett
    shebrett Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    a great big cardboard box painted and decorated to look like a cubby house. She can put it in her room and hang out....we loved it as kids
  • darkblue_2
    darkblue_2 Posts: 676 Forumite
    Options
    If she's not got a favourite teddy yet then that's a must. I've still got mine. (and admit to it!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure