Help! Need birthday present ideas for a 2 year old boy!

Options
Any suggestions what to buy as a birthday present for a 2 year old boy, please???

His parents said that clothes are always welcome, but I'd like to find something more fun for the boy. Apparently he's got quite a lot of toys and books, which doesn't help.

What do boys like these days? Which shops would you recommend? (I'm on a tight budget!)

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• duloch
    duloch Posts: 396 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2010 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Anything to do with fire engines, police cars, recycle trucks etc so maybe a few little vehicles or 1 larger vehicle with little figures. Car playmat with cars. Or maybe he likes Bob the builder, In the night garden etc, something to do with that. ope you find something nice. I am sure when you see the right present you will know.

Just a thought what about mega blocks or the large lego duplo blocks.
  • Mummy_Jo
    Mummy_Jo Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As a parent of children with loads of toys I can really appreciate the clothes angle... What about tickets to a day out nearby? - depending on budget of course. Or some clothes featuring some characters that he would recognise from the TV?
  • carlamarie_2
    carlamarie_2 Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    you could make up a crafty box - just buy lots of little things - different coloured paper, glue, kids scissors, little stars etc, paints, etc, etc and stick them in a box.

or maybe some playdoh?

when my ds was two someone bought him a underwear set it was iggle piggle and had 3 pairs of underpants and a vest in from tescos. ds loved them! that sticks to the clothes theme in a way.

i second what birthday ideas says, if your going to get him clothes get him a character themed piece.
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • gill_hc
    gill_hc Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    What about dressing up clothes - asda/tesco/matalan etc are good for these.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure