selling clothes for cash?

hi everyone

my mum remembers seeing an advert on tv recently to sell your clothes by the kg i think. she didnt take the number down and i was wondering if anyone else had seen this advert and took the number? or if anyone has knowledge of anywhere else to sell your clothes apart from the usual places like ebay :huh::huh:

Comments

• PurpleSmile
    PurpleSmile Posts: 99 Forumite
    Yeah I saw this ad. But it was 9pm on a Saturday night and I had had a few glasses of wine. I remember seeing the ad but wasn't sober even to write the address down. lol

It was a few months ago mind you

anyone else see it?
    Current Debt (8th March) = [STRIKE]£940 £910 725 104[/STRIKE] + £290
    Debt free within 3 weeks. Thanks up your income forum.
  • princess85
    princess85 Posts: 92 Forumite
    hi purplesmile :)

found it the website is www.ragandphone.com my mum seemed to remember that they pay £5 per kg but it is in fact £5 per 10kg sounds quite alot of weight to me personally.
  • PurpleSmile
    PurpleSmile Posts: 99 Forumite
    £5 isn't much. But if it is just clothes you would have thrown out or givern to charity shop then it is better than nothing. I give loads of clothes away if they are not good enough for ebay. I only ever sell on ebay if it is a brand name item.

I am trying to imagine 10kg.
    Half my holiday clothes for £5 lol

I don't think I'll do it at moment, but cheers for the link I may in the future.
    Current Debt (8th March) = [STRIKE]£940 £910 725 104[/STRIKE] + £290
    Debt free within 3 weeks. Thanks up your income forum.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    They actually claim on their leaflet to pay 40p per kg, and £5 per 12 kg (bonus of 20p!). They also buy books by the kg but according to the website only pay 5p per kg.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • There's a Scottish one as well..... www.a1textiles.co.uk we've used it twice now and have made over £20 each time which considering I would normally just throw it out is quite nice!!
    June 2012 Clydesdale Loan=[STRIKE]£12620[/STRIKE]£1246.47- (only 5 payments left but just received £3955 back from it for PPI!!!)
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    any condition for the clothes or wearable?
    :footie:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport