Famac related issue

Options
I was going to put this on the 'companies who use Famac' thread, but its a wee bit off topic.

there was an ad in the Telegraph jobfinder last Friday night from a company wanting car owners to deliver parcels or whatever, and one of the companies mentioned in the ad was Next. I can't remember what the company were called though, but I wondered if maybe Next had finally had it with Famac? Having said that, having people deliver parcels in their spare time, using their own cars, all seems a bit amateurish for a big company like Next. Did anyone else see the ad I'm talking about or know anything about the company?

Comments

• ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've heard rumours from other people in distribution that one of Next's existing carriers will be taking over. If it really is the rumoured one they do use "man with van" sub-contractors but are very hot on maintaining their reputation - doubt if they'd drop their standards even if they move to "chap with car"...
  • oneknight
    Options
    A friend of mine has gone for an interview with this company, and they are called citilink (or parcellink) can't remember what he said.
  • ManAtHome
    Options
    Second guess is close (but no cigar..) to what I heard
  • ooo000ooo
    Options
    That explains why a parcel from citilink was recently delivered by a bloke in a pimped out Clio :) At least he delivered utside of the normal 9-5
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is how Next deliveries were made when I lived in London. Sounds to me like they are trying to improve things, and we're getting rid of the thin end of the customer service wedge - hurray!
  • Thriftylady
    Options
    I just received a parcel from Next this afternoon (the first one for about five years) and it definitely wasn't Famac. It was some company that I have never heard of. But it arrived when they said it would and the man brought it to the door instead of just throwing it at the doorstep, so thats a definite improvement.
  • ManAtHome
    Options
    Don't think they've moved over yet, but they must have given notice, would guess that Famac are losing staff or have already done some re-organisation and are sub-contracting until the change-over.

Anyway, would you rather have your parcels delivered by Tranny or a Jag (or maybe the pizza-parlour between shifts...).
  • D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ManAtHome wrote:
    Anyway, would you rather have your parcels delivered by Tranny

:huh::huh::huh:
  • butterflymum
    Options
    Methinks it means Transit Van.
    butterfly )i(
  • ManAtHome
    Options
    LOL - yes, indeed it does - glad I got Jag right...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure