MBNA, DMP & Credit Solutions Limited

Options
I'm going through the motions with MBNA to negotiate reduced payment and a DMP, yesterday I get a letter from them detailing my accounts, and today I get a letter from Credit Soltuions Limited demaning payment for the overdue amount, I've already told MBNA that I don't have the money to pay the overdue amount in full and am about to send them my SOA etc.

Should I,
1) Call CSL and tell them I have sent a payment to MBNA?
2) Call CSL tell them I'm starting a DMP with MBNA and tell them to get lost
3) ignore them
4) ?????????????

Bit confused over what to do, Payplan takes 3-5 days to return my calls so thought I'd ask here to see if anybody else has had same problem (likely!).

Thanks.

P.S. I would actually rather write to CSL as this is what I'm doing with all of them, only MBNA and HBOS have ignored my requests to only be contacted in writing.
BSC Member 44 - not bankrupt yet, but getting there...

Comments

• skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Point 2 - in writing.

You are dealing with MBNA directly and have had not indication from MBNA that they have sold the debt onto CSL therefore you do not have to deal with them (CSL).

They are only trying it on - I expect its to do with the default amounts??? Dont pay any extra. Once they know you are a push over, they will keep coming back.

PS - Ensure payments you make are by cheque or standing order only - stay in control.
  • JGWT8M
    JGWT8M Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, that's what I've been doing so far, nice to know I'm doing things correctly :)

Yes it is to do with the default amount.
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    I really wouldnt worry about it, If they call you tell them that Payplan are dealing with this and end the call.

Email and call Payplan and let them know that you are distressed about this and ask them to prioritise any contact with them.

ALL of the threats they throw at you are pathetic, empty and I know scary... Please ignore them and let payplan do the job you have given them, and you do the job that you now have - in trying to enjoy your life.

Mike
  • frankie1_2
    Options
    I agree with 'Mike St Helens'
    Just tell them you are with Payplan and your repayments will be made in accordance with your agreed monthly repayment and you are unable to pay any additional sums.
    I would also email Payplan ( its much quicker to get a response ) telling them of your problems and asking them to prioritise MBNA
  • JGWT8M
    JGWT8M Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys and girls.
    I have written a letter to them today, I am still handling the DMP at the moment and Payplan is only assisting for now, there are more important people for Payplan to deal with than me & my self-induced problems.

My wife is more worried about my situation than I am, I have given up worrying about this and just take everything as it comes now, another of my creditors gave me "7 days to supply DMP" or they would bankrupt me, I wrote to them and told them 7 days was unlawful and if they wanted to Bankrupt me feel free, it would save me the £500 and they were likely to just about get that back as I only have assets work £4K which would need to me split between 7 creditors, you can guess what happened next (and I'm not bankrupt yet!).

As a friend said to me, what are they going to do? break my legs for making a mistake? I have no assets, so they will do things my way or not at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure