PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Beware of Orangeina!

Options
I was at a friend's house today. She was really upset because her son had tipped a glass of orangina on her carpet. You would not believe the stain it had left and it will not shift with anything! It is a huge dark brown stain.

We don't have it in our house, but I had no idea of the damage it could do if spilt on a carpet.
Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

Comments

• Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    God, I haven't seen Orangina in years! Or sunkist for that matter...although it still seems to be in hospital vending machines nationwide (BB Date circa 1992 I should imagine.)
  • Welshlassie
    Welshlassie Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Freaky I've just finished a bottle (complete with orangey bits). We bought a pack when we were in France the other week, reminishing our childhoods.
  • Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Options
    Lucozade has the same effect!:mad: Friend of DS1 spilt a bottle on DS1's cream bedroom carpet a while ago and nothing seems to shift it. Aaarrrgggghhh! Especially as I've never let my own kids take anything except water upstairs....
    [
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    If it does that to upholstery, I dread to think what it does to your innards! :D
  • fudgem
    fudgem Posts: 534 Forumite
    Options
    She may be covered for this on her household contents insurance. Worth a check
  • Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like Orangina for my son as it is one of the few fizzy drinks you can buy that is artifical additive free - however I shall make sure he drinks it at the table rather than laid on the floor watching TV.

Cheers for that. (y)
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    Options
    Could have been worse. Could have been Tizer!
  • Tiff_2
    Tiff_2 Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys - not that I'm repetitive but ... Stardrops! It's amazing what it will shift! :) Failing that how about soda water? Sorry if this doesn't help.
    "If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." ~ by Peace Pilgrim.
    'You just got Tiffed!' ;)
  • thriftmonster
    Options
    When someone spilt limeade on our beige carpet - lovely green stain - a friend's mother suggested rubbing it with Pampers baby wipes and it did shift most of it. Don't know if other brands would work.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family