PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Physalis?? What to do with them?

Options
DH has just come home with a reduced punnet of Physalis. I've seen them are plate decoration, what else can I do with them??

Comments

• wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    I pull off the papery bits and eat them raw. You could try halving them and setting them in jelly. Or add them to a sauce for chicken or pork in a casserole.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • Whitefiver
    Options
    Or even better, pull off the papery bits, and dip the yellow fruit in melted dark chocolate before eating......

Regards,

White
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    I definitely echo dipping them in dark chocolate. Absolutely stunning especially if the are nice and tart.
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    Just eat them! My absolute favourite fruit, I think - delicious!
  • chops
    chops Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I've grown them from seeds I have three lovely plants in the garden and loads of fruit, the packet of seeds cost £2.15 and my mum has four of my plants in her allotment. We call them syphillis 'cos it makes us chuckle.
  • betterbargains4u
    Options
    chops wrote:
    I've grown them from seeds I have three lovely plants in the garden and loads of fruit, the packet of seeds cost £2.15 and my mum has four of my plants in her allotment. We call them syphillis 'cos it makes us chuckle.

I absolutely adore these.
    Pray tell where you bought the seeds from, please.
    When life throws you lemons...put them in a gin and tonic !!
  • chops
    chops Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.suttons-seeds.co.uk
    I've got Cape Gooseberry - Little Lantern. These are good for growing in pots because the plant doesn't get too big.
    I hope you have the same success as me and my mum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure