smilermonkeys debt diary

Options
Am going to start one of these diaries as have decided it will be good for me. l I am going to sort out my money, sort out my social life and find the old me that has got swamped a bit. Have decided that everyday I shall do something positive about money and me, starting today!

today's challenges:-
money=a weeks shop for 2 (me and DD) for £20
me=join a free dating site! Not sure about this one, but will be a laugh and will keep this diary posted of all events, however disasterous!
"grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can and the wisdom to know it's me"

Debt at highest £18249
DEBT FREE SINCE APRIL 29TH 2007
:T :T :T

Comments

• MustStopSpending
    Options
    You go for it, I feel the same about finding the old me, stressing about money and life sure gets you down! Finally feel I'm on track and you can do the same!!

Good luck!!
  • smilermonkey
    Options
    Big lesson learned today...do not take people shopping with you. Had bit of a falling out with DD over pre packed lunch salad. £1.50 for bit of lettuce, couple of cherry toms, an egg, a few sliced potatoes and a sachet of mayo! To make it even worse she says she chucks out the mayo and tomatoes when her dad buys her these!!!
    On the plus side have had rather a good response from dating site. Registered with Midsummers eve and one guy wants to take me to dinner! In good DFW style I just thought 'ooh! free dinner'
    Tomorrow have decided to be really honest about where debts are and why they are, but have to go to a meeting now so am off...
    "grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can and the wisdom to know it's me"

Debt at highest £18249
    DEBT FREE SINCE APRIL 29TH 2007
    :T :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills