MBNA are now chasing me by email!!!

Options
It's true! They are!

Got so fed up, I changed my home phone number. So now they are emailing me instead!!!!

Easily done - I'm on AOL who block *anything* so added to spam list - I did reply though!

"No. I will not call you. Please write to me instead. ONLY. In writing. The pen and paper stuff. Yes I know its a bit old fashioned, but its to avoid the nastiness from your company.

And if you could pen a personal reply in response to my letters and offers of payment that would be great, rather than the computer generated ones.

Thanks
Charlotte"

(I am thinking of adding her direct line number to several mailing lists - or is that too mean??)

Comments

• keith_lard
    Options
    MBNA never again!!!

Cant belive they are doing this!!

Use Yahoo very good also 1Gb email limit.

k.
    If you want to see a rainbow, you have to get used to the rain.
  • frankie1_2
    Options
    MBNA are fairly resourceful as well as being a total pain.
    I received confirmation of their acceptance of my repayment plan on a Monday and also received a nasty call from a company called 'MCA' who informed me that they were now taking on my debt and all agreements were now void. MCA are part of MBNA i've since been informed.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Over the last ten days I have received 4 unsigned text messages from MBNA (recognised number) stating that I must call them before 8 pm - two texts arrived after 8.30! I also have had Emails, but none since July (famous last words). Last week, when I was genuinely away, they rang my home - my wife told them I was away for three days - they rang three more times within the hour!!! At the weekend, I answered the phone, told them that I would not answer any personal questions, and that I had written to them. Asked them NOT to call - they called twice today.
    Do they really think that we all got their dammed credit cards just to rip them off?
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Well, I recieved a reply! (Dumped in Spam folder, so it worked!)

Was told that as they were a Telephone Bank, letters would be standard and I MUST call them.

My reply was simply "Ah Well".

MBNA are certainly a rescoureful lot - they also copied the email to a VERY old tiscali account I haven't used (and cancelled) in 2001!

At least emails are easier to ignore than phone calls. Just perhaps, maybe, after all this time, they may just, possibly, acknowledge my offer letters.

NAH!!!!!!
  • rog2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I recieved a reply! (Dumped in Spam folder, so it worked!)

Was told that as they were a Telephone Bank, letters would be standard and I MUST call them.

My reply was simply "Ah Well".

MBNA are certainly a rescoureful lot - they also copied the email to a VERY old tiscali account I haven't used (and cancelled) in 2001!

At least emails are easier to ignore than phone calls. Just perhaps, maybe, after all this time, they may just, possibly, acknowledge my offer letters.

NAH!!!!!!

Trouble is, they just won't take p*** off for an answer.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

• rog2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am now receiving texts headed Money Alert, and telling me to ring 08000280689 to 'discuss a query'.
    I am NOT avoiding them - I have written to them. This is pure harrassment.:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport