PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cardmaking

Options
It's more of an 'I wanna', but posted here cause I know there's lots of crafters in OS. I'm looking for cream translucent vellum paper to make my wedding invites. The only place I found it, now doesn't seem to stock it. Does anyone know where I can get some? Need about 30 A4 sheets.

Comments

• newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've used weddingcrafter website. Not sure if you have tried there? They deliver quickly too. Hope that helps.
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • newlywed
    Options
    Sorry, just checked and looks like clear, gold or silver.

http://weddingcrafter.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_25
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, but I make cards professionally, and haven't been able to find the supplier for that. Clear, gold or silver is about all I could find.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cream marble vellum

It's not a very good picture, it looks like the paper is a bit thick :undecided
    Bulletproof
  • LizD_2
    LizD_2 Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've answered my own question, after about 3 hours searching at work :embarasse (wasn't skiving, honest: my department has no work at the mo )

http://www.libertycrafts.co.uk/vellum-paper-plain-100g-ivory-pack-p-831.html

Says ivory, but looks cream to me. Hope this helps someone else
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    LizD wrote:
    I've answered my own question

LOL, I love it when people do that :D :rotfl:
    Bulletproof
  • Luna69
    Luna69 Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you found some in the end... I've been on most craft sites on the internet but never seen that one, however I am getting a little bored now, most sites seem to sell all the same stuff. As a cardmaker and papercrafter for many years now I yearn to find something a bit different, it's becoming a bit boring.
    I tend to make all my own bits and pieces for my crafts but if anyone finds any sites with more unusual crafting items, I'd love to know...sorry nothing to do with your vellum!

Yvonne
  • doddsy
    doddsy Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    If any of you are passing through Kidderminster, there is a shop called 'The Treasury' specifically for card crafting and scrapbooking. The owner tells me that he has stuff direct from USA that is not available anywhere else in the UK. (don't know if that's true, but it's what he says). Stay long enough and you get a cup of tea and a chocolate digestive too.

doddsy
    We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
    – Marian Wright Edelman
  • newlywed
    Options
    Luna69 wrote:
    Glad you found some in the end... I've been on most craft sites on the internet but never seen that one, however I am getting a little bored now, most sites seem to sell all the same stuff. As a cardmaker and papercrafter for many years now I yearn to find something a bit different, it's becoming a bit boring.
    I tend to make all my own bits and pieces for my crafts but if anyone finds any sites with more unusual crafting items, I'd love to know...sorry nothing to do with your vellum!

Yvonne
    I used to have a paper making kit. That way you get to make your own stuff - bit messy :rolleyes: but great way to recycle paper and things. Think it was a kundalini paper maker kit or something like that. ;)
  • sans_2
    sans_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    Going a tiny bit off topic, I spent alot of money buying a sizzix machine and all the cutters etc but find it difficult cutting the shape out and should it go through the foam?

Sorry I am new to sizzix and quickutz but got carried awaying buying all the stuff from Ebay but haven't been able to use it properly since.

Hope some sizzix and quickutz can help. I've read the instructions but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    Tesco points: 101 (£21.50, £19.50, £7.50, £21 & £5)
    Boots points: £0.28
    Pigsback points: 715 (4 xBoots£10 & 1 xPizzaHut£10, 2 x £10 clothing vouchers)
    Mutual points: 3417 (redeemed 8250)
    Rpoints:redeemed 28925 points)Cashbag:£8.91(£20)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure