turned down shock....

Options
Just wanted to be honest.... and vent

Am stunned but what another wake up call tomake sure me and hubby get our debt under control...

We have decided to sell our letting property (even though it will loose us £4000) in tie ins on the mortgage to get out of debt before baby is born it will clear all our debts including a loan :j :j and leave us with about £10,000 in savings.

However, to really ensure we have cut our costs we talked to our bank our about extending our loan period toi nclude my husbands overdraft (as it is at a hideous interest rate) until the house sells.... we were turned down... :eek: OMG... I have then checked with Experian, our credit rating looks appaling; Annoyingly ...:mad:

We have only made a couple of payments late each in the last year and we think it is due to the amount of credit we have been moving around!!!! but what a shock... its really made it hit home how important it has been to get this under control now.

Just wanted to splurge
julybride

DFD 18th Dec2007 :D We did it!!!

Comments

• owessomuch
    Options
    Poor you Julybride,

I'm glad that you will be debt free when you sell your house, but I understand what you mean by a shock from your credit report!

This also happened to me and I couldn't believe how bad it was. I have never made a late payment once in my life but as you can see from my signature I do have a lot of debt. I think like you said it was from all the moving round of figures I did and also the sheer number of diferent loans and CC's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure