PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

slow cooker question (again!)

Options
Sorry to keep asking about slow cookers, but I have scoured the threads and can't find and answer, hence the new thread.

Has anyone done potatoes sliced up with onions, milk/cream, stock and butter in it? I think its called dauphinois or boulangere potatoes, I did some potatoes in mine the other day on top of a casserole and they weren't as nice as if I'd done them in a pan. I don't want to do it in the sc if it won't turn out right so asking you guys first...
Many thanks in anticipation :)
:)

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is going to sound insane - but try cooking this "upside down" - with the meat on top and dauphinoise on the bottom of the slow cooker.

Either that or par cook them in microwave for a few mins to give them a start.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    I tried this the other day, but next time i will par boil the potatoes before i put them in the SC. As they were still a little hard.
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • liz.._4
    liz.._4 Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys, I'll do that! :)
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing