🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

B/Card Visa Debt

Options
I will try and keep this short and hope that I might get a genuine helpful reply please:)

OK I have a Barcalycard Visa worst luck, I owe 7,800 pounds on it and pay back 154 pounds a month I am never going to be able to pay it off in this life time, the situation is this does anyone know if Barclays will allow me to pay back lets say 50 a month and freeze the interest? or is that bloody stupid thinking I have heard of senerios like this before:confused:

I live in the US now and do not earn the money I used to I am happy to pay it back after all I spent it but any one dealt with Bcard?
My computer does not have the pound key thats why its missing.

Before I call them any advice what to do or say would be good I have no assets and have never missed a payment in 20years:T

Comments

• newMS
    newMS Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Options
    write and ask............. do a financial statement ( income/outgoings) state why you cant afford monthly instalments and ask them to freeze interest/charges, in my experience they'll probably say no but when (if) you dedault it will be passed onto debt collection eventualy who are more likely to start negotiations. Do everything in writing, keep copies and get proof of posting, if you do have telephone conversations make sure you write dates/times and always get the full name of who you speak to. HTH and best of luck to you. ( if you cant repay at 154pm in this lifetime it will take longer at 50pm!)
    mustn't grumble :cool:
  • Toomuchdebt
    Options
    I rang them up and they agreed to reduce my payments from £143 to £73 and freeze the interest after the first month so definitely worth a try.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • Branic64
    Options
    Thank you that was quick I was not going to look at the replys until tomorrow to see if there were any?

new MS I ment to pay back 50 a month with no interest :)

Toomuchdebt What did they ask you ie want to know etc please? and how long will it take you to pay that amount off now?

Thanks again very much all.:D
  • Toomuchdebt
    Options
    They didn't ask me anything actually-just offered to reduce it themselves as soon as I said I was having difficulty-as to how long it will take-well I have lots of other debts but will be snowballing them so looking at around 4 years(with bf's help )

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • Branic64
    Options
    WOW Cheers for that hope the rest gets sorted for you in the near future :)
  • Toomuchdebt
    Options
    Thanks I hope so too...cos once it's down to half of what it is now my bf can move in...so you can bet I will try anything to reduce it asap-lol

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business