NI meet date and venue confirmed!

in N. Ireland
57 replies 3.7K views
arkonite_babearkonite_babe Forumite
7.4K Posts
✭✭✭✭
After much discussion, Pink winged and I have taken matters into our own hands!

A date and venue for the NI meet has been confirmed.

Details are as follows:

Date
Saturday 12th March from approx 1pm onwards

Venue
Lloyds No 1 Pub
Bedford Street
Belfast

Everyone is more than welcome to attend this meet and kids are welcome to attend also. However, if you do bring kids, a few rules apply for the venue.

If children are present, you must order food. Alcohol will be limited to 3 drinks. One served before the meal, one during and one after. Last food orders are at 8.30 pm (This applies to everyone) and kids must be off the premises by 9pm.

These rules are laid down by Lloyds and are not negotiable.

We hope that you do feel you can come along and join in for some fun!

All being well, some MSE'ers from across the water will be coming over to join in as well.

If anyone has any queries or comments, post them here or feel free to pm me.

arkonite_babe

Replies

• CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Forumite
    634 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Nice one Babe,about time someone made a decision re date and venue.
    Is there any proposed agenda for the day and what exactly is gonna happen?
    And why do people from England want to come over? perhaps if they have done this kind of thing before we can learn from them.
  • wirmwirm Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    AS far as I know from these things, there is no real agenda....its just a bit of a get together....

WEll done arkonite and pinkwinged for organising it. Its about time someone did!

However I will not be able to attend as I am working that night and will be able to get it off work because we are having a major stock count....

Have fun without little old me! :D
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any proposed agenda for the day and what exactly is gonna happen?
    And why do people from England want to come over? perhaps if they have done this kind of thing before we can learn from them.

There is no agenda coolhandluke......I think the idea is just to give people, who want to, a chance put names to faces and have a bit of craic.

The reason why we went for this particular venue was because firstly it's inexpensive, and secondly it's the sort of place that allows people to call in for as long as they want.

We tried to chose a family friendly place, so that those who wanted / needed to bring children could do. We also wanted to have somewhere where people can pop in for a quick drink and escape, or stay longer and eat if that's what they want. Don't forget the other alternative...........you can come, take one look at the rest of us, and go straight home,(without any of us ever knowing you were ever there)!

Whatever everyone else decides to do, Arkonite and I will be there, and we'd love the chance to meet other moneysavers.

Others from England and Scotland have shown an interest in the meet as they know some of the people from the N.I. board from the chat forums, and are probably interested in puting faces to names, or perhaps they just fancy a weekend over here.

I recently went to the Edinburgh meet and met lots of other really lovely money saving experts. I suppose really, we have copied their style of meet...........Casual........Everyone is welcome.........Come if you can...........but don't worry if you can't.

Sorry you won't be able to make it wirm.

Pink
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well Wirm, thats me not coming now if you're not going to be there :mad:
  • vanoonoovanoonoo Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    we can come and see you at work and buy our supplies for the after party wirm .....
    Blah
  • arkonite_babearkonite_babe Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    As pink has put it so eloquently (sp?) I don't think there's anything else to add! We hope as many people as possible feel that they'd like to drop in. I'm so excited I can't wait!:D
  • If children are present, you must order food. Alcohol will be limited to 3 drinks. One served before the meal, one during and one after. arkonite_babe

What happens if I want a 4th drink or i finish my first one early and the meal hasn't arrived, of even worse, I order a 3-course meal and finish my drink during the first course. Haven't come across a bar with so many rules - sounds as if it will be real good craic ;-(
    happiness is being able to have one more drink
  • arkonite_babearkonite_babe Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ollywood68 wrote:
    What happens if I want a 4th drink or i finish my first one early and the meal hasn't arrived, of even worse, I order a 3-course meal and finish my drink during the first course. Haven't come across a bar with so many rules - sounds as if it will be real good craic ;-(

Ollywood,
    as I stated in the original post, these rules are laid down by the bar, not by anyone who is involved with organising the meet.
    It only applies if you intending to bring a child/children along.

It would also be polite to quote the origianl post in it's entirety, rather than delete sections to make it look as though this was a statement I personally have made.

I wish to make it clear again, these rules are laid down by the bar, not by anyone who is involved in organising the NI meet.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    suits me fine :) gonna confirm my flights this week - wheee!
    Blah
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    ollywood68 wrote:

are you actually bringing kids with you?
    Blah
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide