🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

some advice please folks

Options
hi guys,

on 31st of july i sent off my first letter asking for my bank charges back. i received a stadard type letter from them on the 3rd to say that they were sorry i was unhappy blah blah blah and my complaint would be dealt with and i'd hear back no later than four weeks. exactly four weeks after this letter was sent i received another letter saying,

'further to our letter of 3rd august 2006. i'm sorry that you have not yet had a full response to our concerns.
our complaints leaflet, which we sent to you previously, explains how we will handle your complaint'

not even a date on when i'll hear again. i have a feeling they are just hoping i'll forget and leave it.

my question to you guys is do i now just send off the letter before action and add a paragraph about their non-reponse to my complaints or just wait it out? i think i'll be waiting a while tho.

many thanks x

Comments

• jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From previous posts on here I would say that they are chancing it and hoping you get bored. I would carry on with whatever the next stage in the process is.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    jessicamb wrote:
    From previous posts on here I would say that they are chancing it and hoping you get bored. I would carry on with whatever the next stage in the process is.

thanks hun, thats what i thought but just wanted it confirmed.

ps you'll have noticed no pm's today...he didn't come out. tho we did end up meeting a guy who goes to the gym and is as damn close to 'dancin raul' form the diet irn bru adverts as you can get!:rotfl:
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynsayjane wrote:
    thanks hun, thats what i thought but just wanted it confirmed.

ps you'll have noticed no pm's today...he didn't come out. tho we did end up meeting a guy who goes to the gym and is as damn close to 'dancin raul' form the diet irn bru adverts as you can get!:rotfl:

Well you will just have to try harder next week. :rotfl:

No more DFW parties for you lady until you send me pictures (and possibly telephone numbers) of good looking men. ;)
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • lynsayjane
    Options
    jessicamb wrote:
    Well you will just have to try harder next week. :rotfl:

No more DFW parties for you lady until you send me pictures (and possibly telephone numbers) of good looking men. ;)

please don't ban me what will i do this weekend???? that tenner was the only 'free' money i have for about a month! my next night out will be my bday in october!

oh and i had to sign a data protection thingy to say i would not use pics/phone numbers/addresses and all other stuff of members info. if i send you his number i'll get the sack :eek:
  • MinnieSpender
    Options
    Lynsayjane you have a choice.

1) Track down sender of said letter and jump up and down on their head.

2) Send your letter before action.

Do let me know which course of action you decide on.

x
    :eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
    Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16
  • lynsayjane
    Options
    Lynsayjane you have a choice.

1) Track down sender of said letter and jump up and down on their head.

2) Send your letter before action.

Do let me know which course of action you decide on.

x

letter before action is all signed and sealed and off to the post office within the hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport