PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ah, the things we buy on holiday.....!!

Options
Hi everyone

Just clearing out a cupboard in the kitchen and I found a pack of spices I bought in India in 2002 - they are all sealed in individual packets and are black peppercorns, fenugreek seeds, aniseds, coriander seeds, marsala leaves and dried ginger. Are these out of date? If not does anyone have a curry recipe I could use some of them in? (I must have had one at the time but I can't find it).

TIA, Stella xx

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    Options
    :) They may well have lost some of their pungency, but they won't have gone bad. I'd use them, I should think they will still taste of something. Maybe you could use a bit more of each than usual.

Sorry I don't have a recipe, I tend to make up curries as I go along.

HTH
  • headcovers
    Options
    ...................If not does anyone have a curry recipe I could use some of them in? (I must have had one at the time but I can't find it).

TIA, Stella xx
    I love this site which was posted on here a while back.
  • stellagypsy
    Options
    Thanks thriftlady, I will do that - I like a hot curry so if I overdo it slightly it should still be OK for me.

headcovers - what a brilliant site, I can feel something exotic coming on......

Thanks again, Stella xx
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    ahh yes the things we buy on holidays.....

the last time i went on holidays....abroad...

i bought peach shnapps.......didnt have to worry about using that up:D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I bought banana liqueur once, when we went to Tenerife. Liked it over there - hated it back home :D Binned it after a respectable couple of years clogging the shelf up.

Now, a few (ok, 20 years) later, I found a cocktail I like it in (Don't ask me what it is - will have to ask Mr TM :rotfl:)
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, you all bring back such interesting things. All we return with is an inflatable rubber ring, sunburn and sand in every crevice.
  • sara2323
    sara2323 Posts: 479 Forumite
    Options
    headcovers wrote:
    I love this site which was posted on here a while back.
    Thanks for the link- it is a brill site, simple recipes and clear images throughout!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport