Grrr!

Options
Just wanted a moan! I've had TWO parking tickets this week. :mad: I do actually have a season ticket for the car park - just forgot to put it in the window -so, hopefully, I should be able to escape the £60 fine. On my way home from work I called in at Tesco for some milk and picked up a tax disc holder for my season parking ticket - reduced to 31p!!! :D

I also tried to be clever and paid my hairdresser by cheque the week prior to the Bank Holiday and asked her not to bank it til the following week as I don't get paid til the last day of the month. She banked it in the hole in the wall on Bank Holiday Monday and it bounced straight away. According to my mini statement I had a £38 bounced cheque charge on Wed 30th and I got paid on Thurs 31st. REALLY hate banks. :mad:

Just been into town shopping for some new undies (Mum's treat!) and well, let's just say there isn't much choice for girlies like me with an ample pair!! Anything half decent that comes in my size isn't on the shop floor but can be 'ordered in to the store within 4 days'. Great! Why do shops assume that only sticks shop and that bigger people don't mind waiting days for something to come in from the damn warehouse. No. I want it today!!!!!!!!:mad:

Sorry folks, am quite annoyed at the moment! I'd have some chocolate, but think I really should have gone to the gym this morning, but went shopping instead.

I've only just been paid, but it's like water trickling through my fingers. I'm not doing it on purpose, it's the usual monthly bills, etc, but I had to pay the plasterer £100, OH pade me promise to put £200 into my savings (could only manage £150 - not told him yet!). Will there ever be a day when I don't worry about money? I would love to be able to go into a shop and if I see something I like, buy it and not have to figure out first if I can afford it or what will I have to scrimp on elsewhere if I do buy it.

Better go and do some last minute study now. I have two exams this week - law and construction. Wish me luck! One of them's already a re-sit (re-sit fee £50 + VAT!!!!!!!!)
Getting older is inevitable, growing up is optional :rotfl:

Comments

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Gymbunny
    I know its frustrating but you are getting there.
    Talking about undies for the ample girlie, have you tried natually close, i have found it impossible becuase of my shape before but have managed to get some nice stuff here and it's not expensive either!
    Lem
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    I had a £38 bounced cheque charge on Wed 30th and I got paid on Thurs 31st. REALLY hate banks. :mad:

Just been into town shopping for some new undies (Mum's treat!) and well, let's just say there isn't much choice for girlies like me with an ample pair!!

i really understand! my bank are going to charge me 3 times next month for dd and going over overdraft-the took payment for my credit card (with same bank) on the 29th and i got paid on the 30th! :rolleyes: they do it on purpose!
    i also understand the underwear prob-i am a weird figure i am v big up top but a size 14- (due to breast feeding and children!):eek:
    and i can only buy "granny bra's" that just are not appealing!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • roswell
    roswell Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    Options
    Hold on £150 in savings this month and debts, how much have you got in savings in total and what interest rates are the debts ??
    If it doesnt pay rent sell it.
    Mortgage - £2,000
    Updated - November 2012
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    cattie1 wrote:
    and i can only buy "granny bra's" that just are not appealing!

I know the feeling had it for years.

Mind you the funny thing was couple of years ago I was cleaning out my mums attic and found my first bra and it was like 32 double fried egg sorry A and I was like :eek: . Are you sure that was mine I was am sure I was ever that small.

Seems like I have been big all my life mind you none of my bf have ever complained :rotfl:

As the saying is goes More than bucketful is a waste ;)

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    calleyw wrote:
    I know the feeling had it for years.

Mind you the funny thing was couple of years ago I was cleaning out my mums attic and found my first bra and it was like 32 double fried egg sorry A and I was like :eek: . Are you sure that was mine I was am sure I was ever that small.

:rotfl: yeah-i found mine bc (before children!) i thought i was quite ample then (36c) but i could barely get 1 boob on that now!!! but at leat they weren't saggy then!!:rotfl:
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • corsanita
    Options
    I know the trouble with bras for the curvy chick! There are some great online places but they can be expensive (figleaves, bravissimo, curves and lace)...if you register though often you get emails with codes that get you free postage etc.

It would be so nice to be able to spend a fiver on a bra in H&M! Mind you, my bf doesn't complain either :p

(edited because I can't spell - clearly all the student debt's a waste!)
    Do or do not. There is no try. (Yoda!)

Moozie Sunday to Friday challenge: £5 spent so far £0.
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Options
    Debenhams isn't too bad for us well-endowed ladies but the bras in my size end up being boulder holders with thick straps while I gaze enviously at the flimsy lacey B cupped designs. Definitely recommend registering with figleaves- I often get discount codes through.
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    For big girls, may I recommend https://www.bravissimo.com (hope I'm allowed to post that link here?) They do some good stuff in nice modern styles and colours and give a very good quick service. They have shops in big cities too, but I've never been to one so can't comment.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • corsanita
    Options
    I've been to a couple of the shops. They are really good if you need to get sized, but I've found that often they don't have all the sizes in stock!

Or maybe it's just me. :rotfl:
    Do or do not. There is no try. (Yoda!)

Moozie Sunday to Friday challenge: £5 spent so far £0.
  • southernscouser
    Options
    like me with an ample pair!

Is this an ample pear? :confused::p

pear.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts