PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HELP - Laundry Disaster !!!

Options
In the spirit of 'helping' OH put DS1's white football kit into the washing machine with a newly issued brand new DARK BLUE football sweatshirt. :mad:

You can guess the rest - Still dark blue sweat shirt and newly dirty blue/grey 100% polyester football kit. I've tried soaking the kit for 5 hours in Vanish oxi-action crystal white, but no change.

All suggestions gratefully accepted (especially as to what to do with idiot husband :rolleyes: )

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.

Comments

• wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    I suspect that whatever you do, the best you'll achieve is to fade the dirty blue/grey to an even more unpleasant colour.

If you can afford to replace the kit, I'd send your husband in the most inconvenient way I could think of to buy a new one, preferably today, ideally when he was planning to do something much more interesting.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There is a special dye run remover you can use, They sell it in Wilkinsons, not very OS I know but cheaper than buying new kit.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i have found this for you

http://www.colourrun.co.uk/household/FabrCare/Colorun.htm

should be available from all good supermarkets!!!

as moggins said it will be cheaper than a new kit.
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    You used to get something called Ace Bleach, which could be safely used on colours. I have had some success with it in the past in similar disaster situations!
  • samh_2
    samh_2 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - I've used colour run in similar circumstances with great success! It smells terrible, but it does work and actually it seems to work much better on whites than on colours. You can buy it in supermarkets and Home Bargains. I think Wendym has the right idea - send your oh out to buy it (tell him to make sure he buys the one for whites) and let him use it on the kit!
  • vivaladiva
    vivaladiva Posts: 2,425 Forumite
    Options
    Be careful when using colour run products they can remove colour from the bits you don't want then to. You'll be fine if the kit is pure white but test an unconspicuous area if there is any coloured trim, logo etc. (Voice of experience here :o ). I wonder if net curtain whitener would work :confused: ?
    I have plenty of willpower - it's won't power I need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport