Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

porting mortgage

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
oneeye1oneeye1 Forumite
231 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
hi guys

i have a mortgage for approx 48000 with woolwich thru barclays which is fully portable.had it for about 3 years never missed a payment when we got it we gave no evidence of earnings.things have been bad work wise for last 2 tax years 14,500 and approx 10000 so we have took offer of taking over my retirng in laws 2 pet shops as the money hopefully should be much better(it is for the in laws ).it is on other side of country so have had to sell house.

when i contacted mortgage co they told me i would need 2 years tax returns or if paye 2months returns even tho not needed originally and even tho we shud be earning no will be earning more and never missed a payment .does this sound right.

now they also said they lend upto 4 x earnings which if you took my average over last 2 years is 12000 and my mortgage is about 48000 it is very tight is there a chance of a knock back and if so what are the future concequences of this.

thanx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals