Hope for all! My "useless" housemate got a job!

Hey, some of you might remember before me posting about how my housemate couldn't get a job, and we were rowing over how much effort he put it.

He got a job!

Through interaction recruitment, he is working for a top bank doing some admin work.

I think this give hope to anyone looking for a job, he had been unemployed for 6months-1year and had only ever had one job before, in a warehouse packing boxes.

he is on his third day of training today, and it is going really well.

He got it by writing a much longer and more detailed covering letter, with the help fo myself and another friend, then going into the agency for a quick interview.

Good luck to anyone else who has been job hunting a long time and given up hope, I hope someone in a similar situation reads this post and realises anyone can get a job if you just keep trying and don't give up :D:D

Saving for a year in Japan.
I need around £10,000. Help me get there! :cool:

Comments

• matt10001
    matt10001 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Can I ask how he got the job? Did he see the job advert on their website and applied like that as I applied for lots on their websites and get nothing back
  • marisa
    marisa Posts: 151 Forumite
    matt10001 wrote: »
    Can I ask how he got the job? Did he see the job advert on their website and applied like that as I applied for lots on their websites and get nothing back

he saw the advert for it on the job centre plus website, and I helped him to write a covering letter for it.

He emailed the covering letter and C.V, and they rang back a couple of days later, invited him into the recruitment agency office to speak to him in person.

After a brief chat they gave him more info on the role , then got back to him to arrange details by phonecalls over the next week.

Saving for a year in Japan.
    I need around £10,000. Help me get there! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family