DCA Query

Options
Just a quick question, if a company passes on your debt to a DCA, do they have to formally advise you in writing that they are going to do this or can they just pass your details on?:confused:
**Trying my best to be the best that I can**

Cheese and Shoe Addict!

Comments

• AGB863
    AGB863 Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are supposed to confirm in writing that the debt has been assigned to another company either to handle the account for them or it has been sold to a DCA.

The DCA should also advise you that the debt has been assigned to them and that they are working on behalf of the original creditor or they now own the debt.

If a DCA just telphones you - ask them to put in writing the notice of assignment otherwise you do not have to deal with them.
    I am a debt counsellor working in the voluntary sector - we don't charge our clients for the work we do!
  • Tootsie_Roll
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Soryy that feels better !!

Once again; Debts can be passed to a dca to work and it is completely up to them what they do next - no such thing as a deed of assignment etc etc etc. The only time it becomes necessary to write and inform the debtor is when the debt has been sold and then only one letter either from the dca or the lender, again no deed of assignment necessary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure