SOA (sort of) all advice welcome

Options
2»

Comments

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, we handnt realised you had to pay upfront to put the house on the market (really silly I know), so that has put a halt to that, though I am trying to get into work so there will be more money coming in, but living off ' when I get a job' is difficult, but fingers crossed something will turn up.

yes we do have an asda here, although we are a family of 5 lol, we can normally make £100 do, it is only when we need extra toiletries/cleaning products we struggle, but each week we are learning and sacrificing more.

We have decided not to do the bankruptcy, it is knocking at our door cause of the HMRC but we will pay what we can, give up what we can (in process of handing car in), and try to raise the household income. We will have to learn how to deal with the creditors letters and demands because the dmp we are on is gonna have to change to allow for the tax payment. We have been advised it may be forced upon us but we will deal with that when it comes.

Thanks again for all your comments xx
    Wow I was gonna say, then I realised you meant per week not month :o. Seriously I realise OR might allow this amount (and hence you write that amount!) but you have money to play with there....a family of 5 could manage on about £75 per week easily, and then the money not spent of food could be put toward some other things ?
    Check out the old style board for cooking/recipe ideas, and maybe have a veggie night once or twice a week, and make sure you ditch nothing lol.
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure