new problem argh!!!

Options
Hi everyone

These last few weeks seem to being going from bad to worse... Lots going on in my life that im trying to deal with and im trying very hard to keep my head above water (instead of having it in the sand) and not just in a financial way. But my really lovely hardworking hubby has been off work for a couple of weeks due to work related stress (he has been working a 90 hour week plus (on salary no overtime) and tbh things have come to a head and our gp has signed him off. We have been to a HR meeting today and its made him worse and i fear he is going to be off for a while yet. Infact, i dont know whats going to happen for him. His regional sales manager said today that he be investiging his problems but the HR lady was new and kept going over the same things time and time again and it was dreadful.

So my problem is as he only gets full pay for a certain amount of time that its going to take longer to save for my fees and that means longer for me to cope with the stress of calls, letters etc. But i guess i will have to try to cope. Sorry for the rant...Just would like this all over. I think ive just needed to offload. Another question is, is there a time limit of when you have to go BR if you are struggling financially as im worried i will be leaving it too long?

xxx

Comments

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh! dear Lili, now deep breath's and your allowed a rant!! There's no time limit, so no panicking there.
    When you go to your CAB appointment have a word about the charities who may be able to help you with your fees too lol x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • confused76
    confused76 Posts: 12,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh dear sorry to hear this. make sure your OH gets plenty of rest...

as ifwishes says above there is no time limit
    if calls from creditors get too much, change your number or unplug the phone if you can. the main thing is to look after yourselves and not get stressed about this xx
  • bat-out-of-hell
    Options
    If the phone calls a stressing you, can you get your numbers changed?

Take my word for it, it lifts a big waight of you;)
  • lilibet1
    lilibet1 Posts: 820 Forumite
    Options
    thanks everyone

Feeling low tonight, i think things are catching up with me. Going to have an early night. Will be back tomorrow.

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport