New to here

Options
Just wanted to say thank you to all on this site, it always help to know you arent the only family going through this.

My husb and I are only at the start of the process so I may be relying on everyone for help along the way. We have been on a DMP with CCCS since last Sept, but husb lost his job and new job is less money so things are really difficult now.

We contacted CCCS again who said the first thing was to hand the car in (HP payment 300 pm) this just allows us to break even, but leaves us no money for travel to work or day to day living costs (we have 3 children) and we are due a hefty tax bill at the end of the year, so really dont know what our next step should be.

Reading this post and telling people you are broke never sounds as bad as it really is, but I know those on this site will truly understand the emotional rollercoaster of actually having no money and lookin at your kids with only one pair of shoes that are falling apart or having to constantly say no to them even for the smallest thing. Thank you for allowing me to vent, hopefully things will get easier, as I believe we have truly hit rock bottom, on the up side I am truly grateful that I have a wonderfull husb and we are dealing with this together!

Comments

• curly04
    curly04 Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Can't really chat as at work
    but will be about later
    welcome to the board - we know how you are feeling and we are here to support you and your family

Take care

Curls
    Total Weight Loss - 28lb and counting
    AD 17/11/2010
  • Angiepange
    Angiepange Posts: 3,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to all on this site, it always help to know you arent the only family going through this.

My husb and I are only at the start of the process so I may be relying on everyone for help along the way. We have been on a DMP with CCCS since last Sept, but husb lost his job and new job is less money so things are really difficult now.

We contacted CCCS again who said the first thing was to hand the car in (HP payment 300 pm) this just allows us to break even, but leaves us no money for travel to work or day to day living costs (we have 3 children) and we are due a hefty tax bill at the end of the year, so really dont know what our next step should be.

Reading this post and telling people you are broke never sounds as bad as it really is, but I know those on this site will truly understand the emotional rollercoaster of actually having no money and lookin at your kids with only one pair of shoes that are falling apart or having to constantly say no to them even for the smallest thing. Thank you for allowing me to vent, hopefully things will get easier, as I believe we have truly hit rock bottom, on the up side I am truly grateful that I have a wonderfull husb and we are dealing with this together!

Hi hun and welcome,

Its a brave step to share your personal circumstances with others but you are in the right place for support and understanding.

Most of us on here have been in and through difficult situations and know how you are feeling right now. Especially hard with a family to support, worrying about keeping a roof over their heads. I am glad to hear you have a wonderful supportive husband, together you will come through this.

Good to hear you have spoken to CCCS, have you tried any of the other advice agencies like CAB and National Debtline. There is loads of great info in the stickies at the top of the board and many very knowledgeable people on here who can help answer your questions.

Just to add we just over 10 months into our BR and like you really had hit rock bottom too. I was so scared at going down the BR route but found this place and the support and advice has been tremendous, looking back, although not easy, it was the best solution for our problems. If we can get through it, anyone can.

Hang in there and keep posting.

Angie x
  • Stayathomemom_2
    Stayathomemom_2 Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 29 June 2010 at 5:02PM
    Options
    Angiepange wrote: »
    Hi hun and welcome,

Its a brave step to share your personal circumstances with others but you are in the right place for support and understanding.

Most of us on here have been in and through difficult situations and know how you are feeling right now. Especially hard with a family to support, worrying about keeping a roof over their heads. I am glad to hear you have a wonderful supportive husband, together you will come through this.

Good to hear you have spoken to CCCS, have you tried any of the other advice agencies like CAB and National Debtline. There is loads of great info in the stickies at the top of the board and many very knowledgeable people on here who can help answer your questions.

Just to add we just over 10 months into our BR and like you really had hit rock bottom too. I was so scared at going down the BR route but found this place and the support and advice has been tremendous, looking back, although not easy, it was the best solution for our problems. If we can get through it, anyone can.

Hang in there and keep posting.

Angie x

Thanks for reply, yep big step telling people (as in yous lol) but I have kept it hidden for so long that it is relief to actual talk about it, I know it is a huge deal going bankrupt, but I am taking baby steps at the moment, taking each day at a time. Finding it hard to accept that we wont be paying the car and getting ready for phone calls and letters, but even harder is accepting the loss of the car, it is the physical sign that the life we were living or trying to life was a farce!
  • confused76
    confused76 Posts: 12,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

hi there
    hopefully if you have hit rock bottom the only way is up, things will improve for you. most people on this board have been through something similar, trying to keep afloat, feed their families etc so you will get lots of support. it's good to talk things through and a relief to find people who understand!
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport