we net profit - opportunity or scam?

Options
Hi
my mother in law has been persuaded to attend an "event" at which she is being offered an opportunity to make a load of money through working for "we net profits". As far as I can tell its a pyramid scheme (or MLM now pyramid's are illegal). Does anyone have any experience of this company. My advice to her is to stay away from ANY company that want cash to sign up and before you know exactly what you will be doing! Any experiences will be helpful trying to explain to her what's going on - she can be naive and doesn't belive people "can do things like that".

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Try googling it.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try googling it.
    Even without Googling it has scam written all over it.
    Stompa
  • TangoSierra
    Options
    This is the interesting thing, my mate is looking to do this and between us, we cannot find one piece of single negativity about it (using every search engine known to man trust me) - so can it be good, i'm struggling with it!!
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry but this is so obviously a scam it's untrue. It baffles me that people believe this. If you were applying for a job through the jobcentre and someone asked you to come for an interview and then said we'll give you a job if you give us x amount of money and we'll tell you later what the job is then would you do it? Of course not! So why do people do it for random companies that advertise on things like free website, telegraph poles and dodgy looking websites and that rarely give a valid address or registered company details so you have no comeback when they run off with your money.
    Unfortunately there are a lot of scam companies and conmen out there. Your mother-in-law is lucky that she hasn't encountered any yet so please, please tell her to steer well away so it stay that way.

Edit: Have just googled it and looks like you basically earn money by getting other people to sign up to the company and give them their hard-earned money as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure