1st Mystery Shopping Assignment goes pearshaped - will I get paid?

Options
I've done mystery shopping before but only recently (thanks to this site!) signed up for it again.

Anyway I had an offer of an assignment - which had to be done today -which I accepted.

However when I got there, the shop was closed - and it appears that they don't open on Saturdays.

So will I get paid do you reckon?
2014 Target;
To overpay CC by £1,000.
Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
£15.88 saved to date

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should do - it's good feedback that they don't open Saturdays>
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    You should do. It wasn't your fault the shop was closed.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, you should get paid. Who was the company you were working for?

I did a mystery shop for TNS once and I got to the pub and couldn't get in as they wanted student ID!! I emailed TNS about it and explained what had happened. I still got paid for the job.
  • Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    Options
    I've done mystery shopping before but only recently (thanks to this site!) signed up for it again.

Anyway I had an offer of an assignment - which had to be done today -which I accepted.

However when I got there, the shop was closed - and it appears that they don't open on Saturdays.

So will I get paid do you reckon?

Perhaps they wanted you to verify that it was indeed closed. Maybe it was meant to be open but the head office has had complaints etc.
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • Hootie19
    Hootie19 Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you selected the assingnment from the list of times etc, then yes, you should get paid. I've done it before where I was visiting a post office which, it turned out, had closed down about 2 years before! I did get paid for it though.
  • Beanietdc
    Options
    My first mystery shopping assignment involved applying for an account card at Mothercare.... Mothercare don't do account cards!

I still got paid for the job (and offered another identical assigment in a different town 2 days later!).
    Debt free date - June 2008 :T :T :T
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    I did my first one the other week and it did say on the brief they sent me, please check opening hours of the store before going ahead with assinment, they even gave me shop helpline number to check.

But as said before i think you should still get paid if they stated that was the day to do the shop.
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yday i went to a store which now has "ceased to trade" ,will i still get paid ?!
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    (where's the thanks button gone btw?)

phoned up today and told them that the shop was shut and that it didn't open on saturdays and when I asked would I be paid, I was told I would be so that's £10 for the credit card!

The funny thing about it was that it HAD to be done on a saturday ......
    not that I'm complaining you understand!
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Sounds like someone was being naughty and not opening the shop when they should have done!:eek:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure