Which treadmill to buy???

Options
I want to buy a treadmill around the £500 mark but do not know what make to go for. I have been looking at the Reebok I-run but what about other models? Has anyone got a treadmill and what do they think? The running surface alwys worries me in that they are generally 120x40cm and was wondering if the width is too narrow? I can't afford a £1,000 one where the width is 55cm.

Any advice greatefully received,

Thanks in advance.x

Comments

• houseofpat
    houseofpat Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should have a look on ebay or gumtree as people quite often sell these as they dont use them any more and you could maybe get the wider one for the price of a new narrower one.
  • Vuze
    Vuze Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    For treadmills you could have a look at these and filter it down by price:

http://www.superstoresearch.com/-Treadmills

Life Fitness is a good brand, but they are expensive. In that price range you could probably get something from York. I don't know what the Reebok ones are like, but sometimes you have to look beyond name and appearance (Reebok do look flashy but might not be very good).

Is there any particular reason you have gone for a treadmill and not a Cross Trainer? An elliptical cross trainer may provide a better workout and overall fitness improvements compared to a standard treadmill - I would recommend an elliptical runner or cross trainer over the treadmills as the elliptical movement of these machines reduces the impact stress on the joints that is common to running.
    Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport