going bankrupt but own caravan?

Options
Trying to help a friend, owns a caravan on a small camp site, personal use not rented out. Always pays ground rents, gas elec etc in cash. Although the site does have an account for them.

Would the OR be able to trace this??
BSC No: 186 There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Unless someone's nicked the candle !

Comments

• man_of_faith
    man_of_faith Posts: 194 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Be vary careful as it is a good thing to have if they take your home. I had a friend in a similar situation. He lost everything and ended up living in it in a layby until he got arrrested over a different matter.
    I would sell it to a mate, but you may find that is not legalfor a fiver. Then borrow it if needed.
    Another thing bhe did was to change his name and get another identity.
    Remember dont tell people you dony trust as they might grass you up
  • get_me_out
    get_me_out Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers it's on a busy camp and is a static caravan, they dont own their house so that not an issue. I'm just concerned that it could be traced some how, if it was me I would own up to having it. Never held anything back from my OR who was really nice.
    BSC No: 186 There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Unless someone's nicked the candle !
  • debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Options
    He should always be truthfull on his bankruptcy forms, as it is a court process and therefore he could end up in contempt of court.
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    Tell him to be 100% honest with the OR, if they try and hide/dispose of any assets they will find out and he will be in serious trouble. Don`t listen to anyone advocating breaking the law, it is just not worth it.
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills