PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Buying a fridge freezer with OS in mind

Options
Sorry if I'm bombarding (sp) you all with questions.

I'm moving to a new home next week and need to get a fridge-freezer. There is only me & my cat.

What would you recommend when buying/getting a fridge freezer????? Would you recommend a frige freezer with only 3 freezer drawers or would you plump for a full length fridge freezer (bearing in mind there is only me)

Thanks again

Comments

• Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    I posted about this last year and finally decided on a huge chest freezer as it has gone out in the shed and we had room for it. When we bought a fridge freezer a few years back, we went for one with a smaller fridge and large freezer.

My friend has one with pull out freezer section and is brilliant.

If you go onto:

www.comet.co.uk

....they have tons and tons to look at for starters with the cubic sizes.

HTH.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    Personally, if you have the garage/shed space and you think that you could fill a chest freezer ('cos it is less efficient if it isn't full) then i'd go for a chest freezer. We got one for OS purposes and also because we were always struggling for freezer space with our fridge-freezer. however we are still struggling for freezer even with a chest freezer now!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    ok if u have room i say go for a chest freezer and a single fridge. but i have a fridge freezer which has 3 drawers for the freezer part with a slim drawer for ice cubes. i find the drawers are excellent for neatly storing my plastic tubs of home made goddies in. as for fridge i like it to be on the top of freezer as i use it more. don't really have an particular spec for one iin terms of being better for O/S. we bought ours as we wedding pressie to ourselfes 4 years ago in the power house sale for £279.99. and it is the best buy ever. we love it. it keeps things so cold in fridge . we do however have a chest freezer in pantry and a small fridge which will be going in there soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure