Elbereth's Debt Free Diary part 2

So I had my LBM last year, did well but then fell off the bandwagon and those pesky debts have snook up even further so I need to get back on it and get it gone!!!!

Me and OH have planned lots of exciting things to do before we hit the big 30 so need to get these debts gone as well as saving up for all these treats we have got planned rather than doing what i would usually do and thats bung stuff on the credit card! I really would like to be debt free by the time I am 30 (2 1/2 years away) but actually I reckon I could do this sooner with a bit of commitment and living a bit more frugally!!!

Plan is to hit the credit card first and then move on to paying extra off my personal loan. I really need to budget better cos I really do spend beyond my means, I have done an SOA but it says I have a few hundred extra pounds every month and I never do so know that I am grossly overspending and under estimating how much!!!

PLAN
1. Take lunches to work!
2. Hide credit card if it isn't in my purse I can't spend on it!
3. Plan meals better and batch cooking!
4. Carboot sale
5. Pay any extra monies off the debts (waiting for £40 from onepoll cashback to be validated!)

Any suggestions advice and motivation would be very much appreciated!

SO HERE GOES.......

:jelbereth:j
:j

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy new diary :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elbereth
    elbereth Posts: 140 Forumite
    well been an exciting weekend!!! Only bloomin engaged!! So even bigger incentive to save.... big debts to get rid of, new house to save for and now a wedding!!!!!!

So excited but thinking oh my word how will I manage this! x
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations .... Nice way to spend a weekend
  • elbereth
    Just made a £50 payment off credit card, and the loan is a litle bit less now too after my payment this month! Must update signiture. Have also put £50 on my fairfx card towards a holiday i have got coming up! Have started a little savings pot inspired by the £365 in 365 days thread which am hoping to be able to put towards crimbo presents, so on the one hand am doing well but it just doesnt seem to be happening quick enough!!!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi elbereth, congratulations on the engagement, how exciting! :j

Good luck with the debtbusting! It is frustrating when things don't move that fast isn't it!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • elbereth
    Soz for lack of diary postage! The weddings boad is looking better than the bfw board at the mo!!!
    ah 6 days to payday and the fridge has actually got food in which is good! This week has been great so far have started a healthy eating plan and so have been really good at taking lunches!
    Only spanner in the works is am going to the races on sat, big day planned for ages and really looking forward to it but not done well budgetting for it so not got many spends booooooooooooo finding it really hard not to just think oh well will get the credit card out but must resist and somehow rustle up some extra cash....
  • elbereth
    not been on for while! busy busy busy and lots of things going on to spend money on! me and oh had a big financial talk the otherday and feel confident that we can manage to save for wedding and house and i can still hit my debts! he has none and is so financially savvy and thats how i want to start our married life! he has only just recently moved in and so i have a lot extra money as before this i was paying everything for the house, bill etc on my own, so just about to go and hit my cr card with a £275 payment!!!
  • elbereth
    ok have totally abandoned the DFW board for the weddings board!!! But am back to say just paid the balance off my credit card, so now theres just the loan woop woop!!!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done on paying off the credit card!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport