We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Deferring a payment for 1 month?

Hi. I pay Kays catalogue £30+ a month and have been really good at keeping up the payments. I rang this morning to ask if I could just defer this months payment as I am in difficulty. Its only this month and I will catch up from July. The woman said that I will be charged. I thought that maybe if I had explained my problem they would help me as I had been a good payer, but it wont do any good.

Does anyone know if there is there anyway round the charges?
Thanks
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.


If you really cant knit very well, then practise drumming with the needles...

:j

Comments

  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 366 Forumite
    Is the £30+ payment you make the minimum payment? If it is not, could you just give them the minimum for this month. Won't save the whole lot, but will drop your outgoings a bit at least.
    ::: Total Paid Since LBM (27/05/10): £4639.85 Official Debt Gone!! :T :::
    :A
    That money talks, I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"
    ~ VSP2011: #104 ~
  • Tia_Maria06
    Tia_Maria06 Posts: 777 Forumite
    Yea I bought a washing machine from them, £250 ish, and some clothes in the sale a few months ago. I only owe them about £90 now. So I have paid the minimum every month.
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.


    If you really cant knit very well, then practise drumming with the needles...

    :j
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Tia

    Would you be in a position to make any payment (even a couple of quid)?, if so and you do this some creditors will not report a missed payment on your credit report. They may still charge you but at least it proves you are trying to pay something and might mean that your credit report is not affected.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Hi. Have you anything you could ebay or car boot sale this weekend to raise some funds?
    "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
  • Tia_Maria06
    Tia_Maria06 Posts: 777 Forumite
    Thanks guys, I have had a thought, I will count my penny jar, I reckon I will have enough in there to cover it! Thanks x
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.


    If you really cant knit very well, then practise drumming with the needles...

    :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.