We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Facing the sad reality....at last!
bomechina
Posts: 97 Forumite
Hi folks, I feel like an ostrich that has kept its head buried in the sand for too long now.
Today I am going to ring CCCS and start getting my debts sorted. I have found so much advice on these boards but kept putting off doing what I need to do.
I currently owe about £7,000 on various cards and loans but more frightening is the fact that I also owe the water board (recieved the CCJ paperwork yeterday).
I am in arrears with council tax to the tune of £1,100, and I am waiting for a letter from HMRC to tell me how much they overpaid me last year.
I know all of these are priority debts and need to be sorted out first but I don't know where to start.
Wish me luck please, I feel like I have nowhere to turn because all my friends and family have no idea I am in such a mess.
Thanks
Today I am going to ring CCCS and start getting my debts sorted. I have found so much advice on these boards but kept putting off doing what I need to do.
I currently owe about £7,000 on various cards and loans but more frightening is the fact that I also owe the water board (recieved the CCJ paperwork yeterday).
I am in arrears with council tax to the tune of £1,100, and I am waiting for a letter from HMRC to tell me how much they overpaid me last year.
I know all of these are priority debts and need to be sorted out first but I don't know where to start.
Wish me luck please, I feel like I have nowhere to turn because all my friends and family have no idea I am in such a mess.
Thanks
Each time you smile, it'll only last a while.
Life may be scary, but it's only temporary
Everything in life is only for now
0
Comments
-
Just wanted to say well done on facing up to things.
Keep posting
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]0 -
Well done on taking your head out of the sand.
If this really is your light bulb moment...then you are about to embark on what could be a lifechanging positive experience.
In the end it will have a smooth landing.....but may be a bit of a bumpy ride.
Post your SOA and others will be along to help.0 -
Hi
Before you ring CCCS have you completed a statement of affairs? this is useful as it will mean you have all the info to hand that they will need.
Regarding the CCJ from the water board - make sure you do not pass this to CCCS, you need to deal with the paperwork for this yourself (after you have spoken to CCCS).
If you agree you owe the money then you should complete the form to say so but ensure that you ask to pay in installments.
If you do the statement of affairs it might be worth posting on here to see what other advice people have for you. Because you have quite a few priority debts it might be that CCCS are unable to help much other than to give you template letters to offer your nonprioirty creditors token payments each month until the other debts are cleared. Depending on your circumstances and how long it is likely to take to pay back the priority debts you might want to consider whether a debt relief order would be a possibility for you.
Good luck with speaking to CCCS, if you need advice with the court forms some people on here will be able to help.A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who giveor "It costs nowt to be nice"0 -
Just an update...I have spoken to CCCS and they have advised me to offer token payments to all creditors (priority debts are already on arrangements or awaiting acceptance of payment arrangements).
Unfortunately after paring my budget down to the bone I have a grand total of £16 a month to offer token payments to 5 creditors.
I don't even think I could be offered a DMP at this rate.
I just feel so useless and stupid that I have let things get so bad.Each time you smile, it'll only last a while.Life may be scary, but it's only temporaryEverything in life is only for now0 -
dont feel useless,i cant even offer anything and i have 23 creditors. hugsbsc 347:j0
-
Another 12 creditors here! Stick at it and get your statement of affairs up on here *hugs*TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/20180
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
