We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
HFC Loan Agreement problems
prussellstower
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with HFC providing a copy of their Loan Agreement.
I CCA requested a copy of my Loan Agreement from HFC after getting a higher than anticipated settlement figure.
As anticipated, I got a reconstituted, unexecuted version which is fine. However, the agreement did not reflect the deal I had with HFC (I restructured the Loan four years ago) and it also alerted me to the fact that I had been paying PPI. I successfully reclaimed the PPI in full with interest and all credit to HFC they dealt with that aspect of my complaint very well.
However, HFC then sent me a statement which showed that I owed double what I had borrowed. I wrote to HFC complaining and they, again, send me a reconstituted, unexecuted version of the agreement. Unfortunately, this agreement does not match the one they sent me originally and still does not reflect the actual loan agreement. The figures are completely different to the tune of £2000.
I have been wrangling with them for four months or so now, including making full and final settlement offers, but I have given up and sent the matter to FOS. I am currently waiting for a response. My point of view is that I don't doubt that I owe HFC money, which I am happy to pay, but I am pretty confident its not as much as they are trying to make out and I just want a figure worked out that is correct, given that HFC seem to have no clue as to what I originally borrowed and what the interest rate was.
I just wondered if anyone else had similar problems and if they got it resolved.
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with HFC providing a copy of their Loan Agreement.
I CCA requested a copy of my Loan Agreement from HFC after getting a higher than anticipated settlement figure.
As anticipated, I got a reconstituted, unexecuted version which is fine. However, the agreement did not reflect the deal I had with HFC (I restructured the Loan four years ago) and it also alerted me to the fact that I had been paying PPI. I successfully reclaimed the PPI in full with interest and all credit to HFC they dealt with that aspect of my complaint very well.
However, HFC then sent me a statement which showed that I owed double what I had borrowed. I wrote to HFC complaining and they, again, send me a reconstituted, unexecuted version of the agreement. Unfortunately, this agreement does not match the one they sent me originally and still does not reflect the actual loan agreement. The figures are completely different to the tune of £2000.
I have been wrangling with them for four months or so now, including making full and final settlement offers, but I have given up and sent the matter to FOS. I am currently waiting for a response. My point of view is that I don't doubt that I owe HFC money, which I am happy to pay, but I am pretty confident its not as much as they are trying to make out and I just want a figure worked out that is correct, given that HFC seem to have no clue as to what I originally borrowed and what the interest rate was.
I just wondered if anyone else had similar problems and if they got it resolved.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards